Have you called E*

Did you call Dishnetwork to complain?

• Yes

Votes: 94 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 174 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I e-mailed and called. The phone rep offered me a $15 credit per month for 1 year after I made it clear that I was going to cancel. Guess I will stay with Dish until D* offers an HD only pack, then switch...unless Dish matches all of the "HD channels" that D* has.

I sent them an email to ask if they are going to lower the price of the HD Ultimate Pak.

People get over it already. VOOM has been dead for the last couple of years. THey have had nothing on but repetitious reruns that I had already seen years ago. The elimination of these channels will allow more mainstream hd channels that people will actually watch. Besides if DISH doesn't catch up with more of these type of channels soon there will be no more new subs for DISH. THey are churning as fast as they can. DIRECTV has more hd channels that people actually watch, has better advertising that has impact and maximum effect in attracting new subs. DISH sat on their laurels when they were the hd leader for too long and now they have suffered a major setback in their satellite launch. THe elimination of VOOM will allow them to get back in the competition with DIRECTV. AND my advice is that they better add the rest of those channels that they said they would plus the missing Fox family of channels or there will be no catching up. Especially when DIRECTV gets their newest satellite that DID launch up and going by this fall-little more than 3 months away. Because DIRECTV will then have capacity to add another 50 or so hd channels. Once DIRECTV gets associated with the most hd out there in the minds of the public , it will be to little- to late for DISH in the hd channel additions. Eliminating VOOM was the wisest and most expediant thing that DISH could do. THey now free up at least 2 hd transponders and they can add about 15 or more mainstream hd channels that the public watches.

That would be the whole point of keeping the Voom channels! They don't offer as much HD as D*, but they can say they have 15 all HD channels that D* will never have. It's called marketing.

Now, what is Dish going to do if D* works out a deal to carry the Voom channels? They'll really be in trouble then!

Just got off the phone. They said They had to remove the less demanding channels for the highly requested channels ,because of a capacity issue. They been getting a lot of programming complaints about voom for the last 2 years. Lack of content. They said they will launch some more HD in the next few weeks. She couldn't confirm anymore besides the 2 RSN's for this week. Voom is not completely out of the works yet,They said they are going to try to add them back , When E* raises its capacity,As long as they make their programming more appealing. So there is hope for the Voom fans. It may come back.

Now, what is Dish going to do if D* works out a deal to carry the Voom channels? They'll really be in trouble then!

I believe this would be the Dish network killer move.

Don't think D* isn't talking right now behind closed doors saying we don't need the Voom Channels but if we pick up the 15 channels Dish had and say "HEY! Voom is over here now! Come on over, and here's a free HD DVR to go with it!" we can really hurt Dish and they will have NOTHING to stop the exodus of HD customers. Dish will really get hurt and I think D* would be a fool not to do just that.

Better hope Charlie is playing chicken with Voom to rework the contract because if they let Voom go, they could wind up losing everything.

I called, but not to complain. With the newest additions I finally felt comfortable dropping down to the HD only package. Looks like I will be saving just over $30 a month. Hopefully the empty slots get filled "soon". :p

They been getting a lot of programming complaints about voom for the last 2 years. Lack of content.

Based on the comments I've seen on these boards over the past year or so, I believe that 100%. Unfortunately for E* there are always people on both sides of the fence, so now they're hearing from the others.

Based on the comments I've seen on these boards over the past year or so, I believe that 100%. Unfortunately for E* there are always people on both sides of the fence, so now they're hearing from the others.
There are people that like Voom, But think about it when do people ever call E* and say Boy I really love Voom! Now is your chance! We only call when we don't like something. She even said they have had a lot of calls that want HD ultimate, But don't want voom in their line up. Thats bad!

There are people that like Voom, But think about it when do people ever call E* and say Boy I really love Voom! Now is your chance! We only call when we don't like something. She even said they have had a lot of calls that want HD ultimate, But don't want voom in their line up. Thats bad!

Another reason why Voom should have been moved to a tier of it's own. If Voom refused that concession, that was a bad move and it could cost them dearly.

That would be the whole point of keeping the Voom channels! They don't offer as much HD as D*, but they can say they have 15 all HD channels that D* will never have. It's called marketing.

I hope that happens so we can then hear all the D* fanboys who spoke negatively about VOOM, tell us that VOOM is a great addition to D* :) Contrary to some people's overreactions in this thread, E* will continue to do just fine.

I hope that happens so we can then hear all the D* fanboys who spoke negatively about VOOM, tell us that VOOM is a great addition to D* :) Contrary to some people's overreactions in this thread, E* will continue to do just fine.

The ultimate in irony...the "Channels you've never heard of" can now be found on the provider that advertised against them!

Like they have the past few quarters? :haha

Dish is being taken to the woodshed by D* and Charlie blames it on the economy.

Like they have the past few quarters? :haha

Dish is being taken to the woodshed by D* and Charlie blames it on the economy.

They still had a net gain of customers... it isn't as if they fell of the face of the planet. On top of that, D* has spent a buttload of money on advertising their new HD, which is not cheap. I'll be interested to see just how long D* keeps up their increases, and more importantly how much money they continue to spend on their advertising.

Not whether I like Voom or not, but... What I heard from a source at Dish is that the contract with Voom is up. I don't see them renewing it.

S~

Another reason why Voom should have been moved to a tier of it's own. If Voom refused that concession, that was a bad move and it could cost them dearly.
That I agree with. But Still capacity issue. If Voom was kept but moved to a seperate pack, would we still have gotten the other HD. I doubt it. Thats why it was done this way. If Voom comes back I bet it will be in a pack on its own.

By the way E* has a special section in their automated phone service for their ,I'm guessing Voom complains. You should give them a call if you want to be heard.

Okay...and you actually expect them to win this battle? Also, name 15 other channels (with actual HD content) that will be replacements?

Dish has brought this on themselves. They have been way behind the curve, made stupid business decisions, and are too busy caught up in litigation to do anything productive.

+1

I personally think they have made some very serious miscalculations which are going to haunt them for quite some time. Regardless whether or not you liked Voom, dropping channels with ZERO notice is perceived as arrogant by most people. Companies that have this type of corporate atmosphere usually end up in financial trouble.

Just as many dismissed the VOOM channels without ever seeing them, don't assume that the DIRECTV DVR is going to address your DVR needs consistently. The series has a track record of recurring annoyances.
I have had a HR20-700 since October with zero problems... had a H20 for 4 months again zero problems, H10 for 2 years Samsung, SIR360 for 3 years,and 2 more SD receivers with no problems... the only Direct receiver I had problems with was my original RCA reciever bought in 96 that was zapped by lightning... but it still worked. With Dish I still have my 2700 from '01 , 501 replaced 3 times, 811 again 3 times, 921-- 3 times, had 622 for over 2 years and the HDD died so RMA on the way... Directv receivers have been very solid for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)