Have you called E*

Did you call Dishnetwork to complain?

• Yes

Votes: 94 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 174 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have had a HR20-700 since October with zero problems... had a H20 for 4 months again zero problems, H10 for 2 years Samsung, SIR360 for 3 years, the list is endless... the only Direct receiver I had problems with was my original RCA reciever bought in 96 that was zapped by lightning... but it still worked. With Dish I still have my 2700 from '01 , 501 replaced 3 times, 811 again 3 times, 921-- 3 times, had 622 for over 2 years and the HDD died so RMA on the way... Directv receivers have been very solid for me.

Thanks for the info. I had 2 622's die on me in a span of 6 months due to overheating (even with a custom cooling cabinet). The 211's are great little boxes though.

I called. She said they had to get rid of the channels to make way for the 22 great new national channels. She said some lesser channels that no one watched had to be removed. I told her, "Please tell someone what a horrible mistake this is!" She said there are NO plans to bring them back.

I think E* had a lot of extra CSRs on staff yesterday. Due to their CS system crash, I had to call them 3 times (to add Cinemax for a penny). The first time I got a nice, but obviously new CSR in the US. The 2nd and third times, I got very intelligent/knowledgeable CSRs in the US. The third rep, with whom I had a very good conversation emphatically stated that this is Charlie being Charlie, and there is a contract that needs to come to some sort of resolution, and that Voom wasnt gone for good necessarily at all. She said he (Charlie) does this all the time with programming to get what he wants. Anyway, this CSR was real cool, you know...the type of employee who has been with a company forever, and know the politics, and kinda rolls her eyes at her company's silly decisions. I'm not saying any of this is true, and of course, I'm biased, cause I want Voom back ASAP...but funny that she'd even being saying such things on a call with a customer. And she wasnt trying to reassure me that they'd def be back. She merely insisted this is a negotiating tactic of Charlie's. I even mentioned that Charlie stated on the Quarterly Earnings call that Voom was going bye, bye entirely, and she was like nope. So, don't slam me for listening to a CSR, I'm too smart for that, I'm merely stating that I spoke with a with-it CSR, who didnt really seem like a CSR, and I'm reporting what I was told.

I watched Voom channels everyday. Now when I channel hop, I either get commercials or 4x3 pictures. The Hall mark Movie Channel has the same five(5) movies playing over every day for the next week. Voom was commercial free, now I will have to record everything that I watch, so I can FF thru the commercials.

I watched Voom channels everyday. Now when I channel hop, I either get commercials or 4x3 pictures. The Hall mark Movie Channel has the same five(5) movies playing over every day for the next week. Voom was commercial free, now I will have to record everything that I watch, so I can FF thru the commercials.

Whatever issues people had with Voom (lack of new content, etc.), the Voom channels HD PQ was excellent! And having non-commercial channels at this high level of production is something I will miss.

Universal used to broadcast movies with no commercial interruptions, but that has all changed now. HD Net has now interjected a few commercials and HD Net Movies, I fear, is not far behind. But there was always Voom...

I checked out the new HD channels and saw stretch-o-vision, SD pictures and tons of commercials. I'm not sure the tradeoff was worth it -- I really wish we could have both!

I have said before, and I stand by it: The Hallmark Movie Channel is absolutely intolerable without a DVR.

I haven't timed it lately, do they still have eight minutes of commercials for every ten minutes of programming?

I've sent an email via the website and got a template response quoting the PR. Here is the reply I sent back to Dish:

Thanks for your detailed reply!

There is no substitution to VOOM! VOOM offers original programming and exclusive content not available anywhere else: the best movies by World’s best directors in HD and without commercials. If you know of any other channel where I can catch movies by Federico Fellini, Ingmar Bergman, Akira Kurosawa, Andrei Tarkovsky, Bernardo Bertolucci, François Truffaut, please let me know.

How about weekly live HD broadcasts from World’s best matches in the World’s most popular sport? VOOM offers that. No other channel does.

My wife’s most favorite channel: UltraHD. She watched it daily. Latest fashion shows from New York, Paris, London, etc. All in HD! She is so upset about losing this channel, she doesn’t want to have Dish anymore! Do you have a substitution for that channel too?!!

I am glad Dish Network is expanding its HD channel lineup. But it’s really hard to get excited when you add 17 HD channels, publish the PR and then remove 15 HD channels just a few hours later. Especially, when majority of the recently added channels show SD programs most of the time. What a waste of bandwidth! They are HD only on paper, and many of them have commercials, unlike VOOM.

I understand that Dish Network needs to please Joe 6-Pack and is willing to sacrifice more discriminating viewers. But by doing that, by removing truly unique and exclusive channels like VOOM, Dish Network lowers the bar, loses its competitive edge, becomes no better than another TV provider!

I know, there is nothing you can do at this point, but just in case Dish Network is interested in opinions of its customers, I decided to provide mine.

Thanks for listening. Enjoy the World Fishing Network! ;)

A very disappointed Dish Network customer.

i use to have voom when it first came out on dish network on my model 6000.
and when they told me that i had to upgrade to a newer receiver i canceled hd
all together.

To those of you who dont care about losing the voom channels.

Just imagine loving your paticular stations and then having the just taken away from you.

If Charlie can do this to Voom he can do this to ANY channel he wants.

How do we show this is just WRONG? Hit them with lowering your service or just leaving.

I loved the voom channels-RAVE, EQUATOR And Monsters.

When I heard dish was bringing Voom aboard years ago I did everything needed to get dish and added the two satelite dishes.

To me the best HD was the voom channels hands down. Really, they are no different than direc tv now.

Im out of contract, i have just down graded my service. I will be leaving full time for direc tv.

Is direc better??? Not necessarily but they dont steal from you!

I WANT MY VOOM CHANNELS BACK!

I wrote a letter and called-CSR just read some crap to me..

To those of you who dont care about losing the voom channels.

Just imagine loving your paticular stations and then having the just taken away from you.

While never an entire station, I've had a large number of TV shows that I was interested in taken away right in the middle of their storylines. I was upset for a few days, but then I realize that it's just television and it doesn't run my life.

E* certainly could've handled this differently, and everyone who liked these channels has a right to be upset about the decision. Some of it, though, has been a complete overreaction. It is what it is, and you just have to remember that things happen, and life moves on, realizing this, calming down and breathing, will make your mind & body happier.

A little full of ourselves, aren't we.
How would you feel if your most favorite channels were removed in favor of some presumably "more well-known" channels, those that you personally didn't care about?

People have different tastes and preferences. Catering to just the average taste without offering diversity is bad business, IMHO.

The best thing about VOOM was that it offered diversity. Some people liked MonstersHD, some liked WorldCinema, some Liked Kung-Fu. No single person that I know of liked every channel, but many were able to find something to their liking. This kind of diversity is what so-called "mainstream" channels usually miss.

Yes, its just tv not life threatening or life ending.

However, we use our tv as a diversion. Most of my time watching tv is roughly an hour before I go to sleep. I dvr the rest.

But as LLZEL said it so well, there ''were opptions''. I liked the fact that voom was truely original. A true 24hd package.

Not only the best looking HD on Tv but original programming. Yes, they ( voom) needed to refresh their programming. They started to do this.

That being said im looking at Dish as now being less then direc tv.

2 reasons I stayed with dish-voom and DVRs.

I feel they have stolen programming right from under our feet!

Will life go on? Absolutely!!! Will my relationship with dish? Its nearing its end.

I will wait to see if anything comes with voom..If not I will leave. This is no threat.

Direc tv which I have is not better. However, they have not stollen from me.

I called and complained that since I've signed up for Dish 6 months ago, my rate went up and I lost 3 of my favorite channels. he asked what I wanted and I said compensation. he said hold on, then said he could offer $10/month credit for 1 year.

I just called and immediately got a new "If you are calling about HD programming press one" option. An operator named Fabian answered in 10 seconds and when I told him I was calling to complain about VOOM he said he has been filing forms for VOOM callers requesting their channels back all day and hopefully it will have an impact. B.S.?? Probably, but it was nice of him to make it seem like they actually had an action plan in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)