Have you ever requested any channels from DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DS0816

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 24, 2006
I recently contacted DirecTV to request the EPIX programming.

Does any of the people at this site actually get in touch with their provider (in this case, DirecTV) for a channel you want that isn't made available? (I figure it's a sensible question. We all pay for service.)

I never take the time.
As far as your Epix request, Directv got the rights to carry it the last time they did a contract with Viacom. I think they either decided it wasn't worth the bandwidth or didn't have the space.

I recently contacted DirecTV to request the EPIX programming.

Does any of the people at this site actually get in touch with their provider (in this case, DirecTV) for a channel you want that isn't made available? (I figure it's a sensible question. We all pay for service.)

I submit a request yearly for the addition of TV Japan to their international packages. I always get the same canned response. I have been doing so for the last six years or so. It strikes me as somewhat strange that in all of the international programming that there is not one Japanese language channel.

So I ask for it.... Over and Over...

I sent them an email requesting MavTV in HD and here's what they replied with:

"Although we do not carry MavTV in HD right now, and we don’t currently have plans to add it to our lineup, your feedback is important to us as we often make changes based on our viewers' comments. Most often the reasons are related to the available satellite capacity as standard definition requires less bandwidth than high definition. As satellite capacity increases, we review our programming lineup for enhancements and channel additions."

I've asked DirecTV to offer my local The CW in HD. I get it in SD, but the HD version is available OTA.
I get the usual canned reply. It's not as if its a new channel, just an upgrade from SD to HD.
I was hoping with the launch of the new satellite that they may do it. But, not yet.

I've asked DirecTV to offer my local The CW in HD. I get it in SD, but the HD version is available OTA.
I get the usual canned reply. It's not as if its a new channel, just an upgrade from SD to HD.
I was hoping with the launch of the new satellite that they may do it. But, not yet.

This could be a contract issue. A couple of my locals stayed in sd long after they were available in hd ota.

Still no "The CW" in HD from DirecTV.

It seems they are still holding to the old 100 stations from the WB times.
This prevents DirecTV from providing the HD versions.
Anyone else here having the problem of The CW only in SD on DirecTV but is HD OTA?

I've sent an email to CW, but no response.
It's frustrating because the reception via the antenna can be spotty due to a hill between me and the transmitter.

Still no "The CW" in HD from DirecTV.

Anyone else here having the problem of The CW only in SD on DirecTV but is HD OTA?

I've sent an email to CW, but no response.
It's frustrating because the reception via the antenna can be spotty due to a hill between me and the transmitter.
2yr ago direcTV had mine CW in HD until DirecTV took the CW off direcTV

I guess The CW doesn't like their HD signal to be provided other than OTA.

I'm not not a big government person, but maybe a call to my congressman could be in order.

In my ‘moved’ market of Rochester, The CW is a digital subchannel of the local ABC affiliate WHAM 13. Channel 13.2 is in 720p OTA, has a direct fiber feed to Time Warner Cable’s headend that’s 1080i, but its SD only on DirecTV.

I get my own real market CW affiliate, WNLO 23 in HD on TWC, I can’t remember if I got it in HD with DirecTV when I still had Buffalo locals or not. With the exception of Reaper, I never watched anything on The CW and their programming interests me even less than the other bigger OTA networks, so I never thought about it one way or the other.

In my ‘moved’ market of Rochester, The CW is a digital subchannel of the local ABC affiliate WHAM 13. Channel 13.2 is in 720p OTA, has a direct fiber feed to Time Warner Cable’s headend that’s 1080i, but its SD only on DirecTV.

I get my own real market CW affiliate, WNLO 23 in HD on TWC, I can’t remember if I got it in HD with DirecTV when I still had Buffalo locals or not. With the exception of Reaper, I never watched anything on The CW and their programming interests me even less than the other bigger OTA networks, so I never thought about it one way or the other.

WNLO comes in on HD in Buffalo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts