Have You Gotten Your External Drive Yet For The 622/722?

Have you gotten your Ext Drive for the 622/722 yet and is your dvr full waiting?

• Yes I have a Drive but still have room on Dvr

Votes: 82 39.4%
  • Yes I have a Drive and Dvr is full

Votes: 37 17.8%
  • No not interested and not getting a External Drive

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • No, but getting drive soon as Dvr is Full

Votes: 37 17.8%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 27 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't think I would try it w/o L441 do you? Oh I guess you do..

622 also crashed about 30 minutes of leaving the HDrive plugged into it. Things are not going well here I guess.
This must be Cranky Sunday!

Whatever. You substitute knowledge in programming by your personal common sense what is wrong.
When you will write at least one program what is working with hard drives using IDE interface ( SATA interface support it) and read ATA/ATAPI-7 standard for example, you'll find USB interface allow to work with many classes of different devices - mouse, keyboard, camera, disks, etc and each one have own specific set of commands.

Don't rush to show your perfect English in attempt to mask lack of your knowledge in programming.
I know also your knowledge about 622 file system is second hand reposting from other ppl from past.

Hold up there and take a look at what you are writing. The use of the word "whatever" in the context above is dismissive at best - derogatory at worst. Reel in your emotions a bit and grow up a little.

Your intimating or suggesting that the 622 is using "secret" SATA commands and that they in turn destroyed your SATA drive over a USB 2.0 link sounds a bit far fetched is all. Not all new hard drives are perfect - some fail within the first few hours of use. I'd attribute your drive having failed due to it going bad on its own before thinking your 622 is at fault somehow.

And I hate to break it to you, but the bulk of your knowledge comes from others as well - be it books, classes, talks, magazines, posts, etc. No, wait, you're a deity, right?

And there you go again, with your all knowing attitude. Grow up a little and begin to accept the fact that you aren't the center of the universe. My knowledge happens to come from first hand observation, having played with my 622's drive and some LINUX tools. But then again, we aren't talking about the INTERNAL drive. We are talking about an external one that resides in an enclosure that inserts a proprietary disk controller between it and the 622. I don't have the L441 software on my 622 yet, but I bet that it formats an external drive using the same raw partitioning scheme that the 622's internal drive uses to store program streams.

Thanks for the lesson concerning the USB interface - I never realized it could be used for devices such as mice, keyboards, cameras, etc. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I've written a few programs in my day as well. Having a Comp Sci degree sort of requires that...

You don't get out much, do you? ;)

Early X-mas present

There was a good on line sale at Fry's recently on a 500 gb USB Maxtor. My brother offered that if I wanted an early X-mas present to go ahead & get it. It's sitting waiting patiently. I less patience about wanting L 441. So on the 16th I will call in to hook it up. I gonna wait a day so that all you other guys can see if you can lock up all the phone lines to E*.

Who have knowledge of programming laughing after your posts.

Too much words, when have no facts.

Your posts just show you have no credibility to discuss programming using USB or SATA interfaces.

I'm done with it.

Hold up there and take a look at what you are writing. The use of the word "whatever" in the context above is dismissive at best - derogatory at worst. Reel in your emotions a bit and grow up a little.

Your intimating or suggesting that the 622 is using "secret" SATA commands and that they in turn destroyed your SATA drive over a USB 2.0 link sounds a bit far fetched is all. Not all new hard drives are perfect - some fail within the first few hours of use. I'd attribute your drive having failed due to it going bad on its own before thinking your 622 is at fault somehow.

And I hate to break it to you, but the bulk of your knowledge comes from others as well - be it books, classes, talks, magazines, posts, etc. No, wait, you're a deity, right?

And there you go again, with your all knowing attitude. Grow up a little and begin to accept the fact that you aren't the center of the universe. My knowledge happens to come from first hand observation, having played with my 622's drive and some LINUX tools. But then again, we aren't talking about the INTERNAL drive. We are talking about an external one that resides in an enclosure that inserts a proprietary disk controller between it and the 622. I don't have the L441 software on my 622 yet, but I bet that it formats an external drive using the same raw partitioning scheme that the 622's internal drive uses to store program streams.

Thanks for the lesson concerning the USB interface - I never realized it could be used for devices such as mice, keyboards, cameras, etc. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I've written a few programs in my day as well. Having a Comp Sci degree sort of requires that...

You don't get out much, do you? ;)

Hum, in the Record Plus settings and the ERD 'on'/'off' is this also for the USB storage or is that for the dish pocket deals only?

I thought I read you could copy the the storage and play from it but you could not record to it......I am sure I missed something obvious here

The way I understood it is you can only record to the internal drive and then you can move the recorded programs back and forth and play them from either drive.

thanks nazz

You would think if it can record to it fast enough it could play it.
I guess we shall see soon enough

Thanks
Tiger

Who have knowledge of programming laughing after your posts.

Too much words, when have no facts.

Your posts just show you have no credibility to discuss programming using USB or SATA interfaces.

I'm done with it.

Yoda would be very proud of your post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts