Have You Gotten Your External Drive Yet For The 622/722?

Have you gotten your Ext Drive for the 622/722 yet and is your dvr full waiting?

• Yes I have a Drive but still have room on Dvr

Votes: 82 39.4%
  • Yes I have a Drive and Dvr is full

Votes: 37 17.8%
  • No not interested and not getting a External Drive

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • No, but getting drive soon as Dvr is Full

Votes: 37 17.8%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 27 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"No for other reasons"...

I am interested in the external drive service and will probably buy an HD & sign up AFTER the dust settles (e.g. working features vs sales talk, HD compatibility/performance, etc.).

Thanks to all the early adopters! May the force be with you and your HD:)

Talon Dancer

Lord knows they have been testing this one long enough, lets hope that the bugs are worked out.

I remember seeing another forum about deals, but couldnt find it... But I just scored one of these:

New Egg has Western Digital Elements 500 GB for $93 (113 - $20 instant coupon)
Use code PAYPAL20 when checking out
(you have to pay with paypal - but doesnt everybody have that?)

Newegg.com - Western Digital Elements WDE1U5000N 500GB 7200 RPM USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - Retail

anyone have trouble with this? it tells me they are unable to complete the order and I have no clue why. everything looks good on paypal.

>> ok it appears that the paypal code does not work any longer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the FreeAgent info. I ran accross town and picked one up. I am not crazy about the form factor, but it should be quiet and cool; I hope.

Do you know if the seagate will powerdown when not in use, I haven't seen a post about if it will like the wd, thanks

The consensus on the reviews of the drive I have read is that it spins down after 15 mins of inactivity. The light on the front stays on but is dimmed while in power saving mode. Most reviews are favorable and it being quiet is mentioned a lot.

I voted no simply because I don't have the software yet and i am going away.

500GB ready to go:up
The extra room will be great. I usually delete things as space needs dictate. I look forward to saving some great sports and movies.

the Digital Elements 500 drive i got powers down and even running i could not hear it without putting my ear to it

Yeah, I didn't have time to go over site real close before I went to lunch (worked last night so missed alot):) I have had good luck with Seagate and Maxtor externals for Replay Mpeg's streaming so feel pretty confident with these ;) I have 3 Seagates and 2 Maxtors ranging from 160 - 320 gig full of downrezzed HD... now to consolodate what I want to keep so I can use these drives also... :D

How much time of HD can you put on 500g/b, or 750 as was used as an example on the tech chat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)