Having a heck of a time tuning 119.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
I'm installing a slimline and I'm hitting the 101 (98 signal strenth), 110 (95 signal) and I"m getting 119 at 23! I'm banging my head on this one. I would appreciate any help.

I'm installing a slimline and I'm hitting the 101 (98 signal strenth), 110 (95 signal) and I"m getting 119 at 23! I'm banging my head on this one. I would appreciate any help.

Are all of the transponders on 119 at 23? Since some are spotbeams, they might not all show as full strength.

Thanks a bunch.

Are all of the transponders on 119 at 23? Since some are spotbeams, they might not all show as full strength.

I realized that my locals are spot beamed on that sat and tried some different transponders and got them in. Thank you very much for the information it has helped me tune the Slimline perfect. I really appreciated it. :) Now if I can survive my home owners association I will be all set for a few more years with D*. My neighbor which I helped during Katrina nicely came over with my bloody knuckles and asked me if I had permission.

I realized that my locals are spot beamed on that sat and tried some different transponders and got them in. Thank you very much for the information it has helped me tune the Slimline perfect. I really appreciated it. :) Now if I can survive my home owners association I will be all set for a few more years with D*. My neighbor which I helped during Katrina nicely came over with my bloody knuckles and asked me if I had permission.

You don't need permission if the dish is on your property. Ask them if they are aware of SHVIA. That's usually enough to get them to back off.

You don't need permission if the dish is on your property. Ask them if they are aware of SHVIA. That's usually enough to get them to back off.

Havent dealt with many homeowners assoc have you?
When you buy in that subdivision or such you AGREE to the Associations rules which are clearly and cleverly written by blood sucking lawyers, they will abide by the law and not outright say you cant have a dish, but they will also rule out most feasible locations and usually make the install right down to wire runs a REAL pain in the ass.

Too bad your bloody knuckles would have left DNA evidence on your nosey neighbors face. :D

Havent dealt with many homeowners assoc have you?
When you buy in that subdivision or such you AGREE to the Associations rules which are clearly and cleverly written by blood sucking lawyers, they will abide by the law and not outright say you cant have a dish, but they will also rule out most feasible locations and usually make the install right down to wire runs a REAL pain in the ass.

Too bad your bloody knuckles would have left DNA evidence on your nosey neighbors face. :D

You cannot agree to something that is against the law.

You cannot agree to something that is against the law.

My wife is a lawyer and she read the FCC rules and my great neighbors can't do anything about it. I'll plant some bushes around it to please my neighbors. What is it with satellite dishes? Almost every drive way has a run down basketball goal planted in the front yard. That is more of a eyesore if you ask me than a dish. Most don't follow the rules anyways. The guy next door that asked if I have permission, parks his car in the street all the time which is a no no. The guy farther down has a beautiful boat in his driveway which is also a no no. I don't get some people.

I have a tunning question. I have no yet dug the trench and run the lines to the new dish. I've tested it on a tv outside. I'm getting 101 (signal 98), 110 (signal 98) and 119 (signal 67). The 119 is a low signal but it is the spot beam for my locals. Is this normal? Will I be able to hit the 99 and 103?

igator, with that signal on the 101, you will be fine, I have the same exact on 101, and 110-not sure of 119, but I have had no problems with my Mpeg4 locals yet (on 103)...nice tuning of the DIsh, you should have very very little problems, and I will check back in tommorow with 119 numbers off of my dish for ya!

My wife is a lawyer and she read the FCC rules and my great neighbors can't do anything about it. I'll plant some bushes around it to please my neighbors. What is it with satellite dishes? Almost every drive way has a run down basketball goal planted in the front yard. That is more of a eyesore if you ask me than a dish. Most don't follow the rules anyways. The guy next door that asked if I have permission, parks his car in the street all the time which is a no no. The guy farther down has a beautiful boat in his driveway which is also a no no. I don't get some people.

Just nosey neighbors that want to start truoble.:rolleyes:

Hoa

We don't have any HOA restrictions against the dishes where we live, but I admit that they are ugly since the color doesn't match any house that I've seen. A can of Rustoleum spray paint in a color that matches the bricks on our house has camouflaged our dishes so they can hardly be seen from the street. Just be careful not to paint the LNBs. There is no drop in signal quality. I've done this with 18", Slimline and Hughes.net dishes.

Just nosey neighbors that want to start truoble.:rolleyes:

I think the rules of my subdivision are based on envy. The boat rule is idiotic. I love my neighbors boat and would like to have it. He keeps it spic and span and has a cover on it and I'm sure he enjoys it ever chance he gets. Life is short I hope he has a good time and one day I can have one bigger. :D

We don't have any HOA restrictions against the dishes where we live, but I admit that they are ugly since the color doesn't match any house that I've seen. A can of Rustoleum spray paint in a color that matches the bricks on our house has camouflaged our dishes so they can hardly be seen from the street. Just be careful not to paint the LNBs. There is no drop in signal quality. I've done this with 18", Slimline and Hughes.net dishes.

I'm not going to go that far. I will plant some bushes but I fail to see how it is more ugly than a rusted out basketball goal.

How far should I dig for the cables?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)