Having dish service installed at different house

mander1984

Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
midwest
Hi,

We moved to a different house and had the dish installed on the roof and the installed run the cable down the side of the house and into the basement. I didn't watch him the entire time and he ended up having it enter the house right where the ledger board for a new deck will be going soon. The deck will be spanning the entire wall that he has the cable running down from the roof. I thought about having them instead run the cable into the house higher up, but then it will be coming into the house in the laundry room, which I dont want. I thought about using conduit inside the wall so the cable could come through the siding up higher on the wall, into the conduit and then down into the basement through the bottom plate.

I thought the other option might be having him run the cable inside through the attic and then down through conduit that I already installed.

I'm not sure what the best option is. We will be having vinyl siding installed within the next year, so the cable will end up being hidden on the outside. I want to make sure the cable coming from the dish can be replaced fairly easily if it ever fails.

Thanks

If you already have conduit running where you want it from the attic, that would seem to be the better option. It would provide the best overall protection for the cable as well, with minimum interference when the siding is installed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts