having issues with converter box

dean498

Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
I live in Bowerbank,near Dover-Foxcroft.I recently tried hooking up my Zenith DTT900 converter box and its says there is NO SIGNAl.
Without the box I receive all three local Bangor stations ,plus Maine PBS with a roof top antenna and a archer amplifer.
Amy I doing something wrong or am I not supposed to get digital signal on this older console Tv even with a converter box?

I live in Bowerbank,near Dover-Foxcroft.I recently tried hooking up my Zenith DTT900 converter box and its says there is NO SIGNAl.
Without the box I receive all three local Bangor stations ,plus Maine PBS with a roof top antenna and a archer amplifer.
Amy I doing something wrong or am I not supposed to get digital signal on this older console Tv even with a converter box?

You are currently receiving those stations in analog, maybe your digital stations are not switched on yet or are at low power.

What's your zip code?

Your digitals are fairly weak. CBS and PBS are on 9 and 19 south of you, but you need a moderate to fringe antenna to get them.

NBC and ABC (SE of you) will be on 2 and 7 (currently on 14 and 25) are even weaker.

With your current setup (probably a VHF only antenna) look for 12.1 (PBS) on channel 9 to be your only luck.

Look at TV Fool - Home and AntennaWeb to see your possibilites. All your channels are over the horizon, ABC and NBC are over two edges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)