Having issues with HR44 communicating with clients.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iowadirectvguy

Original poster
Feb 11, 2016
Iowa
Installed an hr44 at a guys house last friday. he only had one tv so i put the main genie at his tv and the clients in the bedroom where he wanted them. On both clients they showed a green light on the network. I left instructions for him to pair his clients. Well its coming back saying there is interference and not passing the MOCA test. He is hooked up to a SWM 32 and has his own SWM port. Never had this error ever. We swapped out the genie thinking that is it and its not. Any help would be appreciated .

so all of the clients are connected to a single splitter from a single SWM port on the 32 yes? if thats the case, your customer has shiesty cable and/or connectors. check wall plates to make sure he has good fittings (DTV approved) with the orange barrels and make sure there is no RG59 wire being used.

But the clients since they are using the 600 MHz spectrum should work on crappy cable.

I would see if the cable tones out. There is probably a splitter or something hidden in the walls

not that i take this as gospel by any means, but i thought i remember reading on here that the strength of the moca signal was alot higher then the normal OTA broadcast. i could have imagined that bit though.

but yea, splitters are a real possibility too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts