Having problems with Linkbox 9000i and G16 C Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnnyse

Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
Montauk
I hope I can get some help
I have a 10 foot dish with actuator and using a Traxis 6000 HD receiver.
Seems that I get all the satellites and my Traxis 6000 gets around 50 - 60 stations on C band on G16.

Replaced it today with a Linkbox 9000i
Only stations that I can get are the 8 LESEA stations
other then that I cannot get the rest,I have played around with the menu and still no luck.
As I said my Traxis HD is like 6 years old but feel the Linkbox 9000i might be a better receiver?
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
I have a Openbox V8 coming in the next few days but hoping the I can get the linkbox working.
Thanks all......JS

Did you do a Blind Scan rather than a Normal Scan? Normal Scan only searches for the transponders already programmed in.

Sounds like dish needs to be bumped slightly east or west:
Add 3813 /H / 8029 (if it isn't already programmed in) Then go into Motor Setting and select 3813 / H / 8029. If there is no/low SQ level: Bump it East and West a click at a time. Try to get signal level up. Be patient... the 9000i signal meter is bit quirky. Once you have that signal at MAX, do a Blind Scan.

And yes, the 9000i is a very good receiver. ;)

Thanks that's was my problem I was using Normal scan when
I should have been using Blind scan....
I have got most of the G16 C band stations back but missing a Few like the ABCs.........Thanks JS

Good to hear! :crowdbounce

BTW, I get those ABC channels fine with my 9000i. You may still be off a hair or something.
Try a manual scan of 4120 / H / 30000 and 4140 / V / 30000

Thanks will try that,I know my dish is located fine since I have No problems with getting all the ABC stations with my Traxis......................JS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts