Having receiver trouble again.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

anhmduk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
So. Cal
We have changed out our HR20-700 3 times in the last year, now problems again.
*Black screen just out of the blue while watching a live program.
*Freezes up when trying to play a recorded program. (On program option screen)
Theses things are crap. What options do I have?
Is there a direct line to the Retention dept.

Last edited:
I would make sure you have proper air flow for your H/T gear and that your outlets that are not supplying "dirty power"; this has been seem before with users that are constantly "popping" units.

Call the regular number and say "cancel" at the voice prompt.

I would make sure you have proper air flow for your H/T gear and that your outlets that are not supplying "dirty power"; this has been seem before with users that are constantly "popping" units.

Call the regular number and say "cancel" at the voice prompt.

Has real good open air.
Thanks I will try anything at this point to end this.

We have changed out our HR20-700 3 times in the last year, now problems again.
*Black screen just out of the blue while watching a live program.
*Freezes up when trying to play a recorded program. (On program option screen)
Theses things are crap. What options do I have?
Is there a direct line to the Retention dept.

What type of setup do you have, including all receivers, dish, dish, and multiswitch? Also, what are your signal strengths on each receiver for each sat?

What type of setup do you have, including all receivers, dish, dish, and multiswitch? Also, what are your signal strengths on each receiver for each sat?

Shouldn't the D* tech be checking for this type of stuff when he sets it up and or comes out on a repair ?

I know we try to help people when ever possible, but shouldn't D* be responsible for some of this type stuff.

Has he had a D* tech come out yet to trouble shoot it yet ?
I'm sure the first thing they will do is a Reset ...
Is this a ongoing problem that you can duplicate ? If not, and it is working when you get there, there's not alot they can do other than try to replace stuff. IF it is doing it, they have a much better chance of isolating the problem.

Seeing he's had 3 seperate boxes, anyone check his signal strength and coax, MS it has to be something that is causing this other than the box.
Obviously they changed the box and it didn't help.

The OP did not say if he had any other boxes and if they are the same type and if they are having any trouble.

Jimbo

Signal strenghths are good.
We have 4 receivers on the same dish (3) HR20-700 and 1 std def
All work great accept 1 right now.
Main trouble we had last night was, while watching a recorded program the screen went black, the sound continued for about 20 seconds then silent. At that time the box was frozen. We could not go to the list, guide, menu or bring up the info bar. About 1 1/2 minutes lattter we could bring up the guide, but could not select a show.
I then restarted the receiver by unplugging.
In the past we have paused a recorded show to leave room and that too has frozen it up. (in last couple of days) it was paused about 1 min.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)