Having Trouble Finding This Info...

TimR21

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Hey...I've done a few searches here and can't quite find the answer. Maybe you folks can help. I'm upgrading to a 722 this week along with the HD programming package. I currently have a Dish 500 pointed at 110 & 119 - I've also got a dish aimed at 61.5 for Sky Angel programming. I live in the Nashville, TN area and I'm wondering if any changes will need to be made to my dish arrangement - like a Dish 1000 or Dish 1000.2 etc.

The Dish CSRs tell me I won't need to add or change anything, but I've been a Dish Subscriber for 11 years - and I know enough to not believe anything they say.

So, what do you experts say?

Thanks,
TimR><>

Sky Angel will soon stop transmitting over satellite. They're moving to IPTV (& probably extinction).

If I were you, I'd get my locals OTA and keep pointing at 61.5 - you'll likely get a much better signal than from 129.

If I do want to keep Sky Angel (at least for however much longer they'll be on satellite), does Dish have to provide the 1000.2 for me to get my locals - or do I have to pay that cost?

Thanks,
TimR><>

I don't see Dish doing anything with his 61.5 dish if he plans to keep Sky Angel. Now if he wants to re-aim it at 129' and it requires a new LNB, they probably would.

TimR21: Dish doesn't "care" that you have the 61.5 dish too much. The HD programming that you're upgrading to will come from 129' as far as they're concerned so that alone will require them to supply you the proper equipment (dish, LNBs, etc). It just so happens that your locals are also on 129' so they kill two birds (no pun intended) with one stone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts