Having trouble with True South

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have set up east and west limit and I can move it with the romte, but when I go to search all sat in the channel search, the dish dos not move ?!

I can't get any other sat, trying to get Telsat 5. Coship CDVB2300 .

Am I seeting the reciver right?

LNB type: Univ ?
LNB Freq 1: 09750

LNB Freq 2: 10600

0/12 Volt: none
12 ?

22 KHZ tone: none
22?
Diseq : none
A
B
C

C/K band: none
0/12
0.22?

Thanks ....

Maybe you should just search for one satellite at a time? On the Satwork ST 3688 when you hit search all satellites it scans all satellites one at a time..........

I did ... I have the screen on Telsat 5 and I click on search one sat and the dish dos not move !! the Coship CDVB2300 is really bad ....

when I move the dish trough the remote ... looking for Telsat 5 I still get nothing ... should I go to the dish and try to find it by moving the motor and dish ?

thanks agian :)

If you have a LIVE TP. entered correctly for IA-5 you should move the dish by motor until you see quality, this is where USALS is very useful! You will have to nudge the dish a little at a time stopping for around 3 seconds between nudges!

ok I will try that ... do you see anything on AMC 6 right now ... I'm trying to see if I have the true south right (using 11858 H and 13021).

for the Intelsat americas using freq 11836 V and sr 20765 .

so move the dish one click at a time and waith 3 sec in between ...

I really do appriciate your help.

I enjoy helping : ) Maybe one click is not enough, try two or three.......I will blind scan AMC-6 again now!

Here is a live one on AMC-6 looks like a basketball court : )

12185MHz
H
4.702 S/R

v/33 a/34 PCR/8190

Service 1

yeah I got the AMC-6 feed ... but no intsat 5 ..ok what is USALS? dos the reciver set it self with the dish ? if yes what kind do you recomand ? and would it work with my SG2100 Motorized H to H Mount (I think its a DiSEqC 1.2 not sure)

Yes thats what USALS does after setting up your true south you are done.....well not really some of the satellites will need slight tweaking using DiSEqC 1.2 but I find 90% are bang on! But USALS is only as good as your install, if you have a really plumb pole/mount its spot on!

I use and recommend the Fortec Lifetime Ultra as it has USALS and DiSEqC 1.3, and is a breeze to set up!

USALS is not a must have, some members after using it for set up turn it off and just use DiSEqC 1.2/3 for positioning.

http://www.usals.info/inglese/home.htm

Great info thanks ... so I don't have to change my SG2100 Motorized H to H Mount to be able to use the USALS? or do I have to get a motor that support USALS?

:D

Whoops missed that......I use the SG2100 with the Fortec and it works great! Never missed a beat yet!

great .. I will go 2 ebay and look for one ... Thank u sooooooooooooooooo much for your help ... I might need ur help agian once I get the new reciver ... maybe I can sell my other one on ebay.

agian thanks .... is there anything I need to look for on ebay when looking ... I mean are they all the same or some more updated ? and what's a good price?

Thank u :)

PSB

I have been gone for the weekend but I believe that if you do a FTA+D scan on AMC6 you might find some data carriers that are up there all of the time to help zero in a dish.

I can't see AMC6 from here but I have been told that Sky Vision's internet service it on it KU band. I need to place another dish on the other side of the yard to get that one. It will have to wait until spring.

Wholeshoe

Thanks for the AMC-6 tip Wholeshoe, I will try to remember it, we got lucky today with a basketball feed to use for Magnoan's true south : )

THANKS!

quick question .... if I can't get anyother sat, other than AMC-6 ... should I go out to the dish and try to move it around to find other sat's. or once you have your true south you don't touch the dish egain .... I mean how do I know I have the curve right?

Thanks

If you have AMC-6 as your true south set up, pick the next satellite to the left or right, enter a live TP./channels coordinates then slowly motor the dish until you see signal quality then stop and do a blind scan!

I would use SBS6 its just 2 deg. to the right (west) from behind the dish, use the below coordinates and nudge over until you see quality on the signal meter.

SBS6

ONN

11741 MHz.
H
6616 S/R.

Good Luck!

The "Curve" is controlled by the declination angle of your dish. See the manual for the motor to figure out what the declination angle should be for your area.

The elevation will be set using the motors angle to the pole and the declination is the Dishes angle to the motor.

Wholeshoe

Great I got SBS6 (ONN) Strength 61 and quility 90 (dos that mean I have it set right)

no luck with Intelsat americas using freq 11836 V and sr 20765 !

by the way my Elvation is set to 48 and dish at 23-24

Just try another live TP. on the IA. satellite then on to the next satellite, if one gives you trouble move on as sometimes the trouble may be at their end. Glad to hear you are finding the satellites : )

I will give it a try ... by the way from my location can I get T5 with the motor ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts