Hawaii Five-O: Season 1

Dano brings the occasional dose of sanity to the otherwise chaotic mayhem that is each week's episode. I like him!

I deleted the timer after 6 or 7 episodes this season. I tuned-in the other day but the show failed to grad my attention. I sure hope they make some major changes over the summer because H50 is not even winning the 10pm timeslot.

I don't want to see any changes. I have watched all of Alex O's shows and have been disappointed when Moonlight and Three Rivers were dumped. Looks like he has a keeper here. Grace Park was good in the Cleaner and better in this. Scott Caan is a great polar opposite to Alex O.

I purchased this show on iTunes and enjoy re-watching on my bus commute.

I thought it showed more promise than the original (I was not a fan). A lot of that is the visuals that HD brings to viewing. I think the noise was a little overboard, but that should settle down. I'd watched Scott Caan a lot over the years, most recently on several episodes of Entourage. He seemed to be mostly a background character and I had no personal thoughts of him at all. I'm not sure if it's the leading role, the videography or the story line. but I was very impressed. It's the first time I saw the mannerisms, body movement and physical resmblance to his dad (I wasn't aware of who his dad was and looked up info to verify last name while watching 5-o). I was very impressed by his role.:D

The original showed a lot of promise from the first episode, which a spy thriller storyline. Jack Lord and the rest of the cast acted well, and I see the direct opposite in the new show. HD visuals don't make a show more promising or better quality-wise. The original is long-since off the air, so whether or not it showed promise has no meaning now, since it had its run. Given its success - not just in its first run but in syndication and DVD sales - and how people remember the cast, storylines, and production aspects fondly, it certainly had promise. Contrary to what some ignorat reviewers have said, people remember the original Five-O for more than the theme song, the "Book 'em, Danno," catchphrase, and Jack Lord's hair. They remember the exciting and adventurous storylines, the famous guest stars, the main cast and their endearing portrayals of the Five-O team, and the stunning photography of the Hawaiian Islands. The new show has none of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)