Hawaii Five-O: Season 1

The title of this thread is "Hawaii Five-0: Season 1" After watching the first episodes and really trying to like it, I doubt there will be an need next year here for "Hawaii Five-0: Season 2" The chemistry between the actors is just not there, the writing is mediocre and it's just not believable.

minnow said:
The title of this thread is "Hawaii Five-0: Season 1" After watching the first episodes and really trying to like it, I doubt there will be an need next year here for "Hawaii Five-0: Season 2" The chemistry between the actors is just not there, the writing is mediocre and it's just not believable.

I think you just summed up my thoughts. I generally like the CBS lineup...and I really tried to like this show...it just didn't happen for me.

The real-deal Danno died today (James MacArthur). Hhe reportedly died of a broken heart after seeing what his beloved remade Hawaii Five-O has become. RIP Danno. However, death can't come fast enough to this new version.

The real-deal Danno died today (James MacArthur). Hhe reportedly died of a broken heart after seeing what his beloved remade Hawaii Five-O has become. RIP Danno. However, death can't come fast enough to this new version.

I don't think that this new incarnation of the show is for the people who watched the original series anyway. It has been 30 years since the first one ended and this show is for a newer generation who haven't watched the first one.

I don't think that this new incarnation of the show is for the people who watched the original series anyway. It has been 30 years since the first one ended and this show is for a newer generation who haven't watched the first one.
Big mistake since CBS has the oldest viewing audience (and also the largest viewing audience) of all the networks. I'm with minnow...this show doesn't return next season.

Too funny! I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to say anything. I stopped watching the the show two-weeks ago. My respects to Mr. MacArthur.

I agree completely. I was alive when the original series aired, but the theme music is about the only thing I remember from the show, and I really like the new one. But I don't have any memory of the first one to compare it to.

I agree completely. I was alive when the original series aired, but the theme music is about the only thing I remember from the show, and I really like the new one. But I don't have any memory of the first one to compare it to.

I watched some of the original Hawaii 5-0 back in the late 70s when I was in High school and it was good for it's time. The new series is okay but it is nothing like the original one. It has a different feel and vibe to it. I hope the new 5-0 becomes better with time.

I remember the original but considered it to be a crime drama that appealed to a distinctly older demographic than I occupied. I mean the theme was nice but that only draws you in so long. I actually like the current show better than the old one but I still don't know how long it will remain on my timer list.

BTW I can't stand reality shows, I am bored with procedurals, and my tastes are probably pretty far from being typical.

Was watching some of the old show yesterday. Looks like I've found where David Caruso stole his mannerisms. Quite a few times I found myself thinking where's Jack Lord's sunglasses, he needs to rip them off when he says that!

TNT Gets Off-Net Rights To 'Hawaii Five-0'

TNT has nabbed off-network rights to CBS' freshman Hawaii Five-0 for a license fee just north of $2 million,
Hawaii Five-0, a remake of the 1960s cop drama, is yet to get a formal renewal for next season from CBS, something that was never in doubt but is now guaranteed, following the big off-network sale.
Source & More: deadline.com

I deleted the timer after 6 or 7 episodes this season. I tuned-in the other day but the show failed to grad my attention. I sure hope they make some major changes over the summer because H50 is not even winning the 10pm timeslot.

Castle has gotten a ratings bump because of the Dancing With the Stars lead in and Harry's Law had a few good outings but overall i think Hawaii Five 0 is winning the time slot. If off network rights have been sold I suspect that CBS plans to keep this one around awhile. Personally I like it and it has stayed on my timer list. i still am not thrilled with the lead but it has manages to stay on my timer list.

I really like Hawaii 5-0. My kid and I watch it every week. It's fun, glad that it will likely be renewed.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I record the H 5-0 every week and I try to watch them ,but I seem to pay more attention to beautiful scenery of Hawaii than I do the dialogue of the show. I like the guy who plays Steve , but I liked him in Moonlight a few years back too. The characters seem very one dimensional ,especially Steve and his obsession over who killed his parents. The side kick bugs me and I absolutely hate his hair cut , if you can call it that. I didn't like him when he played on Entourage. The Asian dude is boring and his cousin's only claim to fame was that she was on Battlestar Galactica as Boomer. But I will keep watching because I do love the opening song.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)