HBO 50% Off For 6 Months

But could the CSR have misunderstood the promotion. Wouldn't be the first time.
Why would they offer two almost identical promotions, one for $9.50 for 6 mos, and one for $10 for 6 mos?
I would think there would have to be a major difference between the two. No expiration would be one such difference.
It is a pretty good carrot to keep people staying with Dish.

Reactions: Tampa8
It is a pretty good carrot to keep people staying with Dish.
And that has to be it. I don't see the advantage (just the opposite) of offering any premium for about half price unless the channel itself is offering the promotion. Sure it would increase the premium subscriber numbers, but at a net loss to the MVPD, unless the MVPD is getting a discount based on the number of subscribers to their channel.

I also think there's probably a MAP, minimum advertised price, which is why one must deliberately ask for it, like the "secret" menus that are trending at fast food joints nowadays.

It seems like there may be some prerequisites, like length of account, good standing, etc, as there are historically with many Dish promos.

I got it today and in writing. $10 / month as long as I'm a customer. They checked and told me I was qualified for the offer. Been a customer as long as I've been in my home (just over 10 years) and don't have a large package - Smart Pack, MLB Extra Innings and the Blockbuster and Encore packs. I said all of that as I'm not sure what the "qualifier" was.

Reactions: gpollock87
I just got it as well via chat, as long as it's active it stays at 10:00

From chat: is there a new HBO promotion

Maria Jessica (ID: 2XS): It will be my pleasure to help you with your issue today.

Maria Jessica (ID: 2XS): We have this HBO promotion now, you will be able to get it for only $10.00 per month. You can keep that amount as long as the account is active.

Me: Great

Maria Jessica (ID: 2XS): HBO is $19.00 normally, however we have this special offer now for our DISH customer.

Maria Jessica (ID: 2XS): Would you like to get it now, Jason?

WOW! DISH must really be trying to retain subs if they are willing to keep the Highest premium movie service at $10.00 a month for the life of the account. I have it for 1/2 price for 6 months ,but I would rather have it for life at that price. Beats the competition's price and Hbo Now's $14.00 price too. I will try a chat and see if that is still an option.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Well I did an online chat and Edward did my main account and I asked him point blank in about 3 different ways , is it for the LIFE Of you Account as long as you stay current and with DISH and he said yes. I did my second account for my parents with Rechelle and she wasn't as forth coming, till I put it to her the same way and she said that the promotion ends in December. I asked again so is it for 6 months or is for the LIFE OF THE Account? She said it was for the life of the account and there is NO end date at this time for HBO.

Knowing DISH and the history I've had with them , I doubt very seriously that it will keep going on. Kind of like the 501 dvr and NO dvr FEE for the life of the receiver! They charged a dvr fee eventually. The Second Hopper on your account will not go up and stay only $7.00! I even said at the time , it would be bait and switch if they went up on the price after everyone got a second hopper ,since the price was so low -compared to the $17.00 fee for a second 722k on your account. But that sure didn't pan out, did it? Ended up with $12.00 and DISH had to pay $5.00 credits for like 2 years, to soften the blow.

Either way I have HBO for only $10.00 for now on two of my accounts. Will come back in December and see if it goes up ,and I won't be surprised if it does. After all, it says in their disclosure small print that they can change the price at any time for any reason, along with add or drop channels .

Interesting thing is that its not showing up in the my offers section, for my account where the 50% promos I have are shown so I guess we will see and let it ride

Reactions: MikeD-C05
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1438576385.537275.jpg
Dish chat kinda cracked me up with the line "Dish can always find a way", and gave me the offer, too.

Since I did not believe it would be forever I called. I asked in several ways and never would he say it was "forever as long as I keep my account" or "forever as long as I subscribe to HBO" He said it is a promotion "Available till December." I could not get a answer to how long it would remain at $10, he said over and over "I see this promotion is available till December."
Would be great if a DIRT member could confirm exactly what is going on. (I no longer see them when they are online and not going to email them till I find one..wish that could be fixed)

My take - for whatever reason there is no time given to the CSR's to how long you get it for $10 like there would normally be, it only states when the promotion ends. It may be some CSR's have come to the conclusion it is forever. As always I don't care how many times or how many CSR's tell you something, I don't believe it just because they say it. I would be thrilled if it stayed at $10.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Since I did not believe it would be forever I called. I asked in several ways and never would he say it was "forever as long as I keep my account" or "forever as long as I subscribe to HBO" He said it is a promotion "Available till December." I could not get a answer to how long it would remain at $10, he said over and over "I see this promotion is available till December."

It was explained to me is that the offer is $10 "indefinitely" - it's not "for life" or "forever" because they say they can change prices anytime - but the CSR said the price isnt set to increase in 6 months automatically like with 50%. Sounds like they'll keep offering it to more people until at least December. If you drop dish or hbo after that and they're not still offering it you probably can't get back in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)