HBO/Cinemax Takedown

Well then screw HBO, really. Real Time and Boxing is the only reason I pay for it. HBO's movie selection stopped being relevant years ago. I'd rather pay for Showtime. I'll stream HBO Now for half that. I get most of my movies off Epix and Sony, anyway

The audio portion of Real Time streams for free as a podcast. I have the site saved on my computer and wifi radio.

Willing to bet there is a lot more 4/3 ratio TVs hooked to satellite feeds than you think there are, Dish and DirecTV wouldn't be offering the SD only service if there wasn't a demand. Lots of vacation rentals and cabins still have an old CRT in them many with a VCR and satellite feed hooked up.
Yep! I can attest to that personally,

Well then screw HBO, really. Real Time and Boxing is the only reason I pay for it. HBO's movie selection stopped being relevant years ago. I'd rather pay for Showtime. I'll stream HBO Now for half that. I get most of my movies off Epix and Sony, anyway
Look into DAZN. They are signing all of the biggest fighters and are probably going to be the biggest platform for boxing.

Reactions: HipKat
I have two questions: (1) Has anyone been talking about this on CNBC or FBNews? (2) I know HDNet was on free preview until Nov.1st and Dish said that they were giving HBO subscribers HDNET while this problem persists. I don't have HBO or Cinemax but I still have HDNET on channel 130 which was supposed to expire Nov. 1st. Does this mean I will get HDNET while this is going on?
Actually channel 103 says freeview on 130 ends the 4th

I have two questions: (1) Has anyone been talking about this on CNBC or FBNews? (2) I know HDNet was on free preview until Nov.1st and Dish said that they were giving HBO subscribers HDNET while this problem persists. I don't have HBO or Cinemax but I still have HDNET on channel 130 which was supposed to expire Nov. 1st. Does this mean I will get HDNET while this is going on?
You'll still keep it. It'll be on channels 300 if you have hbo or 310 if you have cinemax. Or both if you had both.

Well HBO/ATT can kiss my ass. Even if they do come back Im probably going to cancel my sub. I only watched for Real Time with Bill Maher. I can always wait for the youtube upload (or torrent it, I don't care either way). Their movie selection was irrelevant and I never used their VOD so I doubt I'd be missing much. I don't watch GoT or anything else really so if anything this blackout only opened my eyes to how little I cared for HBO/Cinemax in the first place. I might just switch over to Showtime/Starz instead of HBO.

Question for Scott or a Dish employee or any others that may have more information: What's the consensus for how long this HBO blackout might last?

Has anyone tried HBO on Amazon Prime Channels? I read it has the on-demand catalog plus live HBO that you can pause, fast forward, and rewind up to one hour. Same price as HBO Now but with the live option. If true, that might be the way to go until the Dish dispute is resolved.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Has anyone tried HBO on Amazon Prime Channels? I read it has the on-demand catalog plus live HBO that you can pause, fast forward, and rewind up to one hour. Same price as HBO Now but with the live option. If true, that might be the way to go until the Dish dispute is resolved.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Yes, I am trying that as I type this watching Real time. Works great. Separate apps for each channel running live, HBO, HBO2, HBO Family, HBO Zone, HBO Latino, etc. 7 days free, then $14.99 a month. Plus access to HBO Now on Demand, available on either the Fire Stick or the Roku. I have a Vip 211k that does not have interest access, so having the movie channels on demand is great.

Reactions: pattykay
Well HBO/ATT can kiss my ass. Even if they do come back Im probably going to cancel my sub. I only watched for Real Time with Bill Maher. I can always wait for the youtube upload (or torrent it, I don't care either way). Their movie selection was irrelevant and I never used their VOD so I doubt I'd be missing much. I don't watch GoT or anything else really so if anything this blackout only opened my eyes to how little I cared for HBO/Cinemax in the first place. I might just switch over to Showtime/Starz instead of HBO.
That's what I'm going to do. Hopefully Showtime still has Boxing! lol

Reactions: pattykay
Yes, I am trying that as I type this watching Real time. Works great. Separate apps for each channel running live, HBO, HBO2, HBO Family, HBO Zone, HBO Latino, etc. 7 days free, then $14.99 a month. Plus access to HBO Now on Demand, available on either the Fire Stick or the Roku. I have a Vip 211k that does not have interest access, so having the movie channels on demand is great.
Where did you see Live on HBO Now?? I see only On Demand type programming and yeah, 15 bucks, not 8 like someone posted earlier

AT&T has never played fair ever their cellular business is bad. People living in north eastern Michigan have no service since AT&T only has 3 towers. Complaining never resolved anything. They still have this problem today.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

not happy about the HBO thing.
also i have tried all streaming alternatives and even Directv now with a discount because i have att wireless. there is nothing that compares to dish. in the end these streaming services aren’t much cheaper and inferior and user interface is awful.
i am only interested in GOT . i need to start from season 1. i am not interested in giving HBO my money, so i am going to buy a used box set somewhere. i tried leaving dish many times during the year. the grass i never greener elsewhere. i am with dish for over 17 years

not happy about the HBO thing.
also i have tried all streaming alternatives and even Directv now with a discount because i have att wireless. there is nothing that compares to dish. in the end these streaming services aren’t much cheaper and inferior and user interface is awful.
i am only interested in GOT . i need to start from season 1. i am not interested in giving HBO my money, so i am going to buy a used box set somewhere. i tried leaving dish many times during the year. the grass i never greener elsewhere. i am with dish for over 17 years

Try ioffer.com

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: voodooevil
That's what I did also , HBO Now is an extra $14.99 the way I was told.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)