HBO/Cinemax Takedown

What else did HBO have. They got some of the new releases first. Someone else can provide new releases. Heck half the time I record then a s don't watch them for a while. I'm just not that tied to HBO. Maybe its not so easy for others.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pattykay
Perhaps AT&T/HBO is doing this intentionally knowing that Dish (and eventually, other providers) simply cannot accommodate their demands.
Perhaps they envision a future where they'd provide HBO directly to the consumer via 5g and eliminate these provider middle men so they could keep all the money.

It is probably a combination of all of the above.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Perhaps AT&T/HBO is doing this intentionally knowing that Dish (and eventually, other providers) simply cannot accommodate their demands.
Perhaps they envision a future where they'd provide HBO directly to the consumer via 5g and eliminate these provider middle men so they could keep all the money.

Yes they sure are I think based on Stephenson comments he want’s to make HBO “Netflix” rival.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Apparently AT&T doesn't care about rural folks. They've already cancelled all orders for new DirecTV satellites that weren't already built and have publicly said that they plan to eventually do away with satellite service altogether in favor of 5G, which is another technology that rural folks will probably never see.

WISP’s will fill the void. It’s an excited time for wisps it’s do or die time. Either build fiber or upgrade wireless plant or your losing subs weekly. It’s pretty cool to see the new LTE gear wisps are using. “Telrad and baicells”

Reactions: Stargazer

Considering that 5G is far from ready, and that it most likely won’t get to the more rural population, it seems they must also think they can afford to give up lots of subscribers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The two year gap between new seasons of their original series, sort of kills the mood, especially if the 8 to ten episode season ends up less than great.

Just what My Daughter and Wife are saying. Both have been waiting, (I also watched it) and waiting, and waiting for Big Little Lies second season (it is coming sometime) but now have lost some enthusiasm for it. So far 19 months since the last episode)

Apparently AT&T doesn't care about rural folks. They've already cancelled all orders for new DirecTV satellites that weren't already built and have publicly said that they plan to eventually do away with satellite service altogether in favor of 5G, which is another technology that rural folks will probably never see.

They are doing away with rural dsl customers as well. Someone moves out that had service and the new owner is told service is not available. Seen it 1st hand a few times, they're just a terrible company with no customer service.

They are doing away with rural dsl customers as well. Someone moves out that had service and the new owner is told service is not available. Seen it 1st hand a few times, they're just a terrible company with no customer service.

This is why I love ATT it creates opportunity for small guys. I wish I had photos of family’s reaction going from DSL to fiber it’s motivating to build more fiber :)

TDM (analog) phone service is being phased out by all the providers. But to not offer a viable alternative is despicable.

This is why I love ATT it creates opportunity for small guys. I wish I had photos of family’s reaction going from DSL to fiber it’s motivating to build more fiber :)

I would agree if people in these situations had another option besides satellite Internet.

TDM (analog) phone service is being phased out by all the providers. But to not offer a viable alternative is despicable.
well i see no need for analog phone service anymore i don't even see a place for VOIP either we all have cell phones and you can create pdf files and e-mail in todays world

I hate to defend them but in those cases DSL is not available as they say. Current customers can keep it but At&t exactly as you say in some areas is doing away with DSL. Biggest problem is upkeep and how can they do away with it if they allow new customers to get it. They were on a path to end it in all of Ct till Frontier bought their assets there. Like or dislike their dropping support for DSL that is what they said several years ago was going to happen along with no more POTS.

I hate to defend them but in those cases DSL is not available as they say. Current customers can keep it but At&t exactly as you say in some areas is doing away with DSL. Biggest problem is upkeep and how can they do away with it if they allow new customers to get it. They were on a path to end it in all of Ct till Frontier bought their assets there. Like or dislike their dropping support for DSL that is what they said several years ago was going to happen along with no more POTS.

I understand doing away with old infrastructure because of maintenance etc, but at least offer another option before yanking it out.

To get decent internet available to everyone an under taking like the building the interstate system is going to have to take place on a large scale. Imo power companies are in the best position to do this & quite a few are already doing it.

Reactions: JSheridan
well i see no need for analog phone service anymore i don't even see a place for VOIP either we all have cell phones and you can create pdf files and e-mail in todays world

Analog:
Commercial Fire Alarms
Elevator’s
Payphone’s

VOIP:
Business

Reactions: sxmfan2018
I understand doing away with old infrastructure because of maintenance etc, but at least offer another option before yanking it out.
The last mile has almost always been a monopoly. This has never been regulated to be different. If their is only one internet service and they want to pull it, there is nothing stopping them. Landline telephone is still required. Verizon didn't want to rebuild the landlines on the coast of NJ after hurricane Sandy. They had to rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Analog: DSL

Good point. I should have added ADSL2 and VDSL.

2018 Q2 att has 15.8 million internet subs. They pass 9 million houses with fiber. So say they have a 35% take rate that leaves 10 million internet customers getting service via analog lines using DSL,ADSL2 and VDSL.

IMG_3093.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)