HBO/Cinemax Takedown

Amazon does get some of the catalog items a bit more slowly, but you can log in using HBO NOW (not Go) apps/website and referencing Amazon as your billing service.

With the Amazon channel, in addition to getting some content with a delay, some of the movies are only available via the HBO NOW/GO apps themselves due to (claimed) licensing restrictions.
If you to: HBO TV Schedule | HBO

Find the program you want to watch and click on it and then the new page will show you exactly when the program will be available on Hbo Now.

When going into Hbo Now the most current program versions aren't always highlighted on the featured pages. Navigate into the actual program and click on episodes to see the most recent episodes.

AT&T marketed Dish long ago (before 2009), and then switched over to DirecTV in 2009. No reason other than market share and economy.

AT&T Partners Up With DirecTV

And the lies just keep on coming.

And the old AT&T was a partner with DirecTV long before that. Notice the copyright date of 1996

Attachments

• IMG_20181113_185738.jpg
    IMG_20181113_185738.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 125
And the old AT&T was a partner with DirecTV long before that. Notice the copyright date of 1996
At one time you couldnt tell where dish started and att stopped..the way the equipment was integrated...charlie had split his company to prepare for the impending sale(echostar and dish)...then one day..unexpected..att dumped dish and returned to its first love..directv

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay
This thread is not giving any new news and is just a loop of topic. Should be closed with only mods allowed to post any updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've been with Sat Guys for 8 years. There are two truths that I learned from my time here. 1.) Every dispute thread will become the same points being discussed when no further updates are available. 2.) Someone will post that the thread became redundant.

I've been with Sat Guys for 8 years. There are two truths that I learned from my time here. 1.) Every dispute thread will become the same points being discussed when no further updates are available. 2.) Someone will post that the thread became redundant.

You forgot a third truth: Claude will inevitably show up and say we are all stupid for staying with Dish and we should immediately switch to Directv. Oh and PS- His HBO still works

I'm about to drop the thread myself. I surprised myself for staying for over 700 posts. It is getting a bit tiresome. I can always come back later when it in the thousands and see if we are still spinning our wheels.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
:argue is pretty much what this thread has become. However, I would like to see it remain open, if for no other reason than to be amused by the ongoing petty bickering... The Pit is pretty much an intolerable cesspool of partisan stench. This isn't quite that bad (yet)...

:argue is pretty much what this thread has become. However, I would like to see it remain open, if for no other reason than to be amused by the ongoing petty bickering... The Pit is pretty much an intolerable cesspool of partisan stench. This isn't quite that bad (yet)...
It's fine. Most of the opinions have been opined. I can't think of anything else. But I will be curious, if this is resolved and HBO comes back what then? Or if the AT&T merger is nullified what then?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pattykay
Do you get commission for every subscriber you get? Because if not, why are you lurking in a dispute thread, in the Dish forum, attempting to persuade members to switch to DirecTV?

Also, what would the members in the DirecTV forum be saying if someone was in a dispute thread over there, attempting to persuade members to switch to Dish?

Finally, do you realize that you are illustrating my argument about this being a ploy for AT&T to artificially inflate DirecTV's value? Here you are as a representative of DirecTV, coming to a place specifically for Dish subs to talk about matters concerning Dish, and you're basicly saying "don't worry that the company I work for pulled a property owned by us from your provider. Just drop your provider and switch to my provider for better deals, and you'll get what we took from you to begin with."

You just provided a great example of why I'm saying AT&T is wrong in this matter. Right out of the mouth of one of their own employees!

That right there is the prime ethical issue in this dispute. "Well, Dish doesn't want to play ball, so let's pull the networks and tell people to switch to our provider." And we wonder why I say extorsion. "Pay us, or we'll take your subscribers." Its unethical for the same owner of a major network to also own a distribution system. Because these networks are used as means to devalue competitors in cases like this.

Dish owes me money $2.8 million to be exact. Until they start making payments to me again I’ll continue to encourage their customers to seek out other options.

I find this whole thing amusing and I don’t even watch HBO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts