HBO coming to Sling (Expected Launch by Saturday April 11th)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wonder if the libraries are different because of different compression/resolution options. Perhaps they had to reencode all the content to optimize for each platform, taking a bit of time before the 3 libraries all align completely.

On the PC App I was able to search for True Detective and it found it but didn't have any info so you couldn't select any epsidoes. They added the missing Veep episode. And they added one episode more of silicon Valley (Episode 6 to go with 2 and 3). So maybe it is a gradual thing.

I have received a few iTunes notices that there was a problem with a TV episode and to download a fresh copy. So, I suppose that a conversion of a large library like HBO's takes a while if they are redoing it optimized for a different service, then to have to QA it all....

I also suspect that the new services also have to have local servers scattered around the country to balance the loads and provide less lag, the library has to be copied to every one of them and updated regularly.

Perhaps they are hoping to further divide the load up with the three different services.

Looks like they are adding more and more. Still some strange issues with series having just one random episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts