HBO Cost

flyloc2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Since when did HBO go up to $15.99 a month? I must not have noticed it in my bill. It REALLY isn't worth that much.

Nope. It's not . Just think about it. $16.00 a month can get you dvds or 1 blu ray disc every two months. If you ever need the cash you can always sell them. In my opinion it should be $10 a month .

Netflix costs $14 a month and includes unlimited DVD rentals, two at a time. Plus they let you download unlmited movies on the Internet including Starz.

I also have been using Netflix and dropped the HBO. For $18 a month you can get 3 movies at a time, plus stream others. Plus the main thing I liked about HBO was a couple of the series they canceled. The one or two I still like, I just wait until they come out on DVD then order them via Netflix. So I miss nothing I want to see anyway.

This has gotten way out of control. I guess I should have looked at my bill six months ago and I would have cancelled then. I have Blockbuster and I have to say that I feel better about that then HBO right now. It's not worth anywhere near $16.00 a month. I think they are going to price themselves into lower subscriber numbers at this rate.

For about $46.99/month, you can get all four movie plexes and Playboy 24/7 plus some other relatively exclusive channels if you already have the Classic Gold package.

Unless you're seriously into the HBO series (where Netflix is of little help), Starz might be a better choice.

All this talk about spending the money on NetFlix instead, people actually sub to HBO for the movies? I know 99% of the reason I get it is for the original programming, they have some of the best shows on tv IMO. I'm not a big movie person but I could see why some would balk at 15.99 a month if they didn't like HBO's shows.

I don't even subscribe to Netflix or Blockbuster anymore. It's not a bad service. I thinks it's great. Trouble is I can't find enough to rent. Now I either buy the movie on dvd or rent it at Red Box.

Now that Netflix has added streaming, I have dropped all premiums except Max (looks like it will be added to the no scribe list soon.) I can wait a few months to watch Dexter and the pq of blu ray it will be more enjoyable to watch.

Just look at the history of Premium Movie Channels and you can now say it's not a good deal. It was in the past when you didn't have as many choices. I had HBO for years starting back in the 1980's . Who didn't record the movies off HBO? I know I did.

That's my package also. Besides DirecTV is $15. and they don't have HBO Comedy so is having HBO Comedy worth .99 cents? I believe it is.:D
And D* doesn't have HBO Zone either. So thats 2 channels worth $1.98
2 HD channels is all you get for $15 with D* plus 2 less channels then E*.
I'd much rather have ANY premium pack from E* then D*.

I see that HBO alone is $15.99/month, but if you add Showtime, the total is $22/month. Or at least according to my account it is.

That makes it $11/month each - not bad.

I get them both because of the series and boxing, and the occasional movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts