HBO free preview this weekend?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
From the "June Previews" page at dishnetwork.com:

HBO® Free Preview Weekend › June 25th - June 28th

grfx_04.gif

Enjoy HBO series premieres including: Entourage® Season 7, and the following top movies: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Baby Mama, Funny People and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.
HBO West Ch. 303 (HD)
HBO2 West Ch. 304
HBO Family Ch. 305 (HD)

Upgrade to HBO ›

grfx_04.jpg

This is the first HBO preview weekend since I upgraded to a HD receiver.

I noticed that my "all channels" guide doesn't show any HBO shared simulcast HD channels.

Does Dish activate (show) the 300 series HBO HD channels in the guide only during the preview weekend?

The preview channel specifically shows HD.

HBO West Ch. 303 (HD)
HBO2 West Ch. 304
HBO Family Ch. 305 (HD)

I'll call their bluff, if I don't see HD.

Enjoy HBO series premieres including: Entourage® Season 7, and the following top movies: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Baby Mama, Funny People and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.

HBO West Ch. 303 (HD)
HBO2 West Ch. 304
HBO Family Ch. 305 (HD)

Upgrade to HBO ›

The preview channel specifically shows HD.

HBO West Ch. 303 (HD)
HBO2 West Ch. 304
HBO Family Ch. 305 (HD)

I'll call their bluff, if I don't see HD.

I have HD Absolute and these HD channels don't even show up in the "All channels" guide.

I guess Dish will exclude Absolute subs from the free preview. Kind of stupid, since the purpose of the free preview is to entice viewers to subscribe to HBO. And I would think Dish would include all channels in the "All channels" guide in case an Absolute sub is considering premium channel subscription. Unless we go to the website, we would never know what HD premium channels Dish offered.

I have HD Absolute and these HD channels don't even show up in the "All channels" guide.

I guess Dish will exclude Absolute subs from the free preview. Kind of stupid, since the purpose of the free preview is to entice viewers to subscribe to HBO. And I would think Dish would include all channels in the "All channels" guide in case an Absolute sub is considering premium channel subscription. Unless we go to the website, we would never know what HD premium channels Dish offered.
Not true. All I have Absolute and I'm watching Hackers now on 303.

Not true. All I have Absolute and I'm watching Hackers now on 303.

The HBO HD channels were just added to the guide the morning of June 25th.
Yesterday they were not there, for non-subscribers.

The "All Channels" guide no longer shows all channels like back in the day.

Very few of the premium HD simulcast channels are in my guide.

any reason dish is only putting 3 channels in the free preview? AT&T is advertising this on their facebook.

Hey U-verse customers - Don't miss out on the HBO and MAX free-view starting this weekend! With a free preview of 52 HBO and MAX SD and HD channels available June 25-28 to all U-verse customers, you're sure to find something to watch. Check out what's on HBO at: U-verse TV - HBO - AT&T U-verse Online

Took a look at the Guide for the weekend on these channels.. not a thing I'd even want to record for free... not very effective if they are trying to entice new subscribers.

The HBO HD channels were just added to the guide the morning of June 25th.
Yesterday they were not there, for non-subscribers.

The "All Channels" guide no longer shows all channels like back in the day.

Very few of the premium HD simulcast channels are in my guide.

When I use the all channels guide it shows everything that my receiver can see for the sat's im pointed at. Hundreds of channels in red...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts