Hbo half off only once a year

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
I was trying to get Hbo half off again for 6 months and was told that..." it shows here on our resources that HBO for half the price as well as other premium channels can be offered to your account after 12 rolling months"

So has anyone been able to get if half off for 6 months again or do I need to play Csr roulette

I was trying to get Hbo half off again for 6 months and was told that..." it shows here on our resources that HBO for half the price as well as other premium channels can be offered to your account after 12 rolling months"

So has anyone been able to get if half off for 6 months again or do I need to play Csr roulette

If that's true it's something new. I have got half off HBO, Showtime and sports pack at least twice each now. I just received half off sports pack again about a month ago. I would try another CSR or have DIRT check to see if you are eligible.

Use online chat and ask . I did that and I had HBO 1/2 price this year and Hbo free for 3 months and just got offered another 6 months at 1/2 price when I tried to cancel Hbo a couple of days ago when I only had it for 3 months out of the 6 I was given. Either way try csr roulette till you get the answer you like.

Use online chat and ask . I did that and I had HBO 1/2 price this year and Hbo free for 3 months and just got offered another 6 months at 1/2 price when I tried to cancel Hbo a couple of days ago when I only had it for 3 months out of the 6 I was given. Either way try csr roulette till you get the answer you like.

Thats what I thought. ..I asked about 3 months too and was told there was no such thing...6 months off could not be done because it wont let them put it in the computer. ..ill try again and let you guys know

I have gotten 1/2 off HBO twice in a row. It was renewed last week, so this may be a new development as stated above.

Be careful if switching between 1/2 off and free 3 months. I did not want Showtime for 6 months, so was happy to take free 3 months to save money. However, it was offered less than 30 days after adding 1/2 off, so the system charged a $5 change programming fee. I complained on chat. They did not mention a fee when they offered the free 3 months. They reversed the charge, but it was still a pain.

His account may only qualify for that, not in every case. (Customer Qualification)

Pretty sure this is a new(-ish) development. I know that it was planned, too many people just keep rolling HBO to half-off all the time, where the intent was supposed to be a one-time rollback to half price to reward customers for 6 months, then back to full price.

I do not know the profit margins on anything like HBO, but face it...when customers keep getting it for $9/month, over and over and over...that takes money out of the pocket of Dish. You've gotta figure there would be a limit to the generosity on HBO half-off.

Pretty sure this is a new(-ish) development. I know that it was planned, too many people just keep rolling HBO to half-off all the time, where the intent was supposed to be a one-time rollback to half price to reward customers for 6 months, then back to full price.

I do not know the profit margins on anything like HBO, but face it...when customers keep getting it for $9/month, over and over and over...that takes money out of the pocket of Dish. You've gotta figure there would be a limit to the generosity on HBO half-off.

HBO is way too over priced at $18.00 a month. That comes down to $2.00 a channel in that 8 channel pack and one of them is in Spanish , that is a duplicate of the main channel. IF it wasn't for the few series I do enjoy watching I would never really sub to it at all at 1/2 price. You can get the same movies on the other premium movie channels when they cycle through them at a lower price. The other premium movie channels are also too high at $13.00 a month. When all of the movie packs were $9.00 -$10.00 a month I could see adding one or more of them but at $13.00 - $18.00 a month , they are too damn high. Especially when you consider I used to pay around $69.99 a month for AEP back in 2000 for Everything and my dvr fees were non existent. Now to have this same pack is now $119.99 a month BEFORE you add the DISH FEES to it. I would pay now more than double what I paid just 12 years ago, for the same premium pack with the extra hopper fees included -and I have mine grandfathered at the lower price for a second hopper. Simply ridiculous how tv has increased so much in so little time. You would think that they we were talking about health care prices.

I agree..

35yzmr.jpg

What you say is true, but there is another side to it:

they can have my $9/month or have my $0/month. Their choice, I'm fine w/either.

eta: just got my 2nd shot of half-off yesterday. Original half-off deal was supposed to expire in a few weeks, but I called about another thing and it was offered to me again.

HBO is way too over priced at $18.00 a month

It certainly is,one could surmise that is why they are so keen to offer half off deals.If they really wanted to get a lot of subscribers they would be smart to offer it for $10-$12 per month.

Same thing is being talked about in the other thread, about retention, and my question there is this:

How much do other providers charge for the premium channels?

What we know about regular prices with Dish:

HBO: $18, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz: $13. Any two: $26. Any three: $35. Any four: $45

Epix: $7. Encore: $5 (included in AT250)

I have absolutely zero info of how much Dish has to pay for the channels to the providers, but at some point, half price may not be a money winner for Dish.

Pretty sure HBO regular price on DTV is $18.I recall reading a post by fatman,saying that we were getting a bargain on the premiums compared to his local cable company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)