HBO HD and Showtime HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD#1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Hopefully this is a sign that D* is getting close to changing all MPEG2 channels to MPEG4 this morning on the guide channels 509 and 543 said tune to channel 70 and 71.

This is B.S. IMO. Why on earth would D* have to screw up the channel mapping now? Talk about annoying.

Hopefully this is a sign that D* is getting close to changing all MPEG2 channels to MPEG4 this morning on the guide channels 509 and 543 said tune to channel 70 and 71.
Maybe they're just freeing them up so they can add more HBO or Showtime channels?

Doesn't bother me. I haven't had channels 70, 509, 71, and 543 in my custom channel list for a long time. I just use 501 and 537. In fact the only channels from the 70s in my custom channel list are 78 and 79. For the rest of the 70s channels I'm using the other channel (206, 209, etc) which will be their permanent home.

Starting today, HBO and SHOTIME MPEG2 HD channels have been removed from the 500's channel range. It effects channel 509 and 543. Customers that have subscriptions to those PREMIUMS and still have MPEG2 HD hardware can still access those channels in the 70's (70 for HBO and 71 for SHO).
This was posted at DirecTV yesterday...

As far as I know the HD versions 501 and 537 are still MPEG2.

But the same equipment that is MPEG2 only cannot see HD channels mapped to the same channel number as an SD equivalent. So they never see the HD version of 501 and 537, even though they are MPEG2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)