Direcpath- No HD!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

akdmks

Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Hello forum,

New member here. I live in the metro Atlanta area. Im in an apartment complex (MDU). I have had Directv through Direcpath for about 3 months. No complaints about the SD receiver (D12-300). Was told by Direcpath that receiving HD was no problem. So last night i went and bought a HR21-700. Hooked it up...... NOTHING! Was on the phone back and forth with Directv from 8pm-12am last night. Called Direcpath about 1230am. Was told need to schedule a service all on Tuesday. NOT going to work with me! Direcpath supervisor said she would call this morning to comfirm a tech from 12-6 today. NOTHING again! Went back and forth with Direcpath today only to find out myself..... single lnb with single coax for my building!!! I am in the low voltage industry (home theater business) so i know that doesnt work....lol

Was told that i had to buy the HD receiver from Direcpath for $99 and that my $200 HR21-700 will not work. After another csr from Direcpath said it would work as long as it has the Directv program guide.

I am very irriated with Direcpath!!! I have taken this matter up with Hicks Holding LLC. owner of Direcpath. Left voicemails with a few people high up in this company! Also have filed a complaint with the FCC about Direcpath and their so called "customer service" Why tell customers they can do HD and then find out you cant?

What doesnt make any sense is that Directv has had HD out for what.... about almost 2 years roughly. Direcpath has been around since spring of 2006. Its now 2008 and they still have not upgraded to the proper dish and equipment for HD.

What else can i do or what needs to be done?
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

from what i see the apartment building has a single lnb and i have a d15 with direcpath total choice 155 or somewhat channels

i am trying to get my hr21-700 to work and upgrade with directv to hd. but i cant because direcpath has not upgraded to the mfh2.

was thinking if they can isolate my apartment unit cable run then put up a 5lnb and swm.....

You don't happen to live in Confier Crossing do you? I'm getting my service removed next week. I've had their crap service since August and I've been waiting for the better dish for six months.

Direc Path sucks. They will tell you they have a 'tech' on site, but if you actually need something done (I don't know, like have the service work), you get an appointment 2 weeks out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)