HBO-HD East: The Matrix Reloaded Tonight at 8:00pm EST

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am seeing more details than the DVD. I haven't watched the DVD for a long time but I will put it on once this is over and compare. Just looking at their faces, you can see all the details... How does it compare to DVD? preliminary report --- better than DVD but wished it was OAR.

Sean Mota said:
I am seeing more details than the DVD. I haven't watched the DVD for a long time but I will put it on once this is over and compare. Just looking at their faces, you can see all the details... How does it compare to DVD? preliminary report --- better than DVD but wished it was OAR.

there is a lot of detail, but imagine how much more detail there would of been if it were OAR! BOO HBO...BOO!!!

OK. I thought 16X9 was OAR for movies. Are you guys saying that if it were OAR, there would be back bars? On top and bottom or on the sides? How do you know it's not OAR

cyuhnke said:
OK. I thought 16X9 was OAR for movies. Are you guys saying that if it were OAR, there would be back bars? On top and bottom or on the sides? How do you know it's not OAR

some movies are shot in an aspect ratio of 1:85 which will fill a 16x9 screen, and others are filmed wider in 2:35 which will have black bars on top and bottom. And yes if it were in it's original 2:35 aspect ratio, it would look much cleaner!

one of the things i like about this forum is the honest opinions. Over on AVS people instantly say that it doesnt look any better than the DVD anytime a movie isnt OAR. Right now they are saying "Im not impressed" with this movie. One would have to be blind not to see the increased detail in this HD movie compared to the DVD. I agree it would be better OAR, well, depending on my mood. sometimes a screen full of HD is kind of nice if you ask me.

That highway scene has to be one of the best when he got the keymaker and morpheus and two trucks collided... wow!

vurbano said:
one of the things i like about this forum is the honest opinions. Over on AVS people instantly say that it doesnt look any better than the DVD anytime a movie isnt OAR. Right now they are saying "Im not impressed" with this movie. One would have to be blind not to see the increased detail in this HD movie compared to the DVD. I agree it would be better OAR, well, depending on my mood. sometimes a screen full of HD is kind of nice if you ask me.

As far as dvd, vs. HD goes HD wins hands down. Sure some HD movies are much more impressive than the DVD, while others may not be so overwhelmingly better. But those guys over at AVS are such pro OAR snobs that anything HD that isn't OAR just isn't good to them. I have the DVD, and reloaded (even without being OAR) is much more detailed in HD! I get so irritated by some folks on AVS, that I hardly ever post there anymore.

Well I made a joke about the movie not being in OAR over there, but it doesn't ruin my life ;)

I was finally able to compare this movie with the my sammy 931 dvd player, and I was pleased to find that my sammy's upconvert was pretty much the same with maybe a tad bit better to HBO, it was kinda hard to compare though because HBO was 16x9 but the dvd is OAR so i couldnt do the back to back comparisons

I really enjoyed the movie and the PQ. It was great! It will repeat at 11pm on HBO-West tonight if you did not catch it.

Charlie's Angels: Full Throtle is on Cinemax now, the lucky voomers that have Cinemax HD can enjoy that movie as well, unfortunetly this channel is not compelling to dish :(

Almost went to the D* hd tivo side, till the best buy debacle unfolded :D instead bought a htpc for windows media stuff(hd tivo on backburner till I can hold it in my hands) but if V*come up with their dvr soon who knows...till then I'll fill up my replay :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)