HBO looked like crap last night...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GadgetRick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
Near NYC
Was watching the Sopranos and Deadwood last night. The pq was horrible. Lots of noise in the background on the Sopranos and lots of pixelation (well, less than before but still too much) and still getting those black screens. Deadwood looked a little better but still had the same problems.

Anyone have an idea of whether they're working on this? I know ESPNHD has similar probs and it's quite annoying.

The Rickster

I saw the same thing on Showtime HD both E and W. Picture on all channels has looked soft for about a week now AGAIN. I wish Voom would get their act together.

GadgetRick said:
Was watching the Sopranos and Deadwood last night. The pq was horrible. Lots of noise in the background on the Sopranos and lots of pixelation (well, less than before but still too much) and still getting those black screens. Deadwood looked a little better but still had the same problems.

Anyone have an idea of whether they're working on this? I know ESPNHD has similar probs and it's quite annoying.

The Rickster

Which Feed were you watching? West? The East one was fine.

I thought it looked excellent last night.I watched matrix reloaded later on and looked awesome

The sopranos and deadwood looked great last night. I watched both. This thread is out of line. When are we just going to delete the non sense flame threads?

Just because you don't agree does not make the thread out of line. Apparently you don't have this problem. But for those of us that do, it's very real. What the cause of the problem really is? I have no idea. But the fact that one day the PQ is great and the next it looks like crap, leads me to believe that the fault lies with Voom. Whatever they are doing needs to cease. This forum is a great source of info. If a potential customer comes here they should see the positive as well as the negative. And as long as the PQ is worse than when I first had Voom installed I will post negative messages. When it looks good I post positive. If you don't like my posts then don't read them!

HBO East

I was watching HBO East and it did look horrible. Take it as you want Vurbano but there are people out there who do know how to look at a picture besides yourself.

The pq just looked bad. I watched some of the Voom channels and the pq was just fine. I'm not flaming Voom as I don't know if the lack of pq was due to Voom or HBO or someone else. I was making an observation which, it seems, some other people have agreed with.

The Rickster

GadgetRick said:
I was watching HBO East and it did look horrible. Take it as you want Vurbano but there are people out there who do know how to look at a picture besides yourself.

The pq just looked bad. I watched some of the Voom channels and the pq was just fine. I'm not flaming Voom as I don't know if the lack of pq was due to Voom or HBO or someone else. I was making an observation which, it seems, some other people have agreed with.

The Rickster

Rick,

I don't doubt what you said. I jus did not notice it last night. I even compared to HBO HD from E* and both feed looked the same to me. I saw one "black screen" and two moments that the picture dropped. There was a moment when the picture froze during the sopranos but I think this was from HBO itself since I saw that D* subs reported the same frozen scene.

Wondering...

Someone around here once mentioned they thought that annoying stuttering problem may have something to do with the STB and memory. I'm wondering if there may be something up with my STB and that's why I saw what I saw last night. I've not had to restart it in quite some time now. Maybe it needs to be restarted regularly?

But then again, other channels looked great. Not sure on this one but it did look pretty bad last night. As I mentioned, Deadwood did look a little better though.

Still confused...

The Rickster

vurbano said:
The sopranos and deadwood looked great last night. I watched both. This thread is out of line. When are we just going to delete the non sense flame threads?
Plenty of confirmation regarding pq problems-don't shoot the messenger just because the message doesn't support your position-LMAO

eschu97611 said:
Plenty of confirmation regarding pq problems-don't shoot the messenger just because the message doesn't support your position-LMAO
not shooting anyone. I watched both shows last night on HBO without any noticeable problems. Apparently others did as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschu97611

not shooting anyone. I watched both shows last night on HBO without any noticeable problems. Apparently others did as well.

Sean Mota said:
Rick,

I don't doubt what you said. I jus did not notice it last night. I even compared to HBO HD from E* and both feed looked the same to me. I saw one "black screen" and two moments that the picture dropped. There was a moment when the picture froze during the sopranos but I think this was from HBO itself since I saw that D* subs reported the same frozen scene.
I didnt see it either. But I heard that the soprano freeze was intended that way. The problems I saw were dropped frames on Espnhd during a hockey game earlier in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo0285
I thought it looked excellent last night.I watched matrix reloaded later on and looked awesome

I agree. It looked fine.

eschu97611 said:
I guess the moderator didnt see it either.

ram1220 said:
Just because you don't agree does not make the thread out of line. Apparently you don't have this problem. But for those of us that do, it's very real. What the cause of the problem really is? I have no idea. But the fact that one day the PQ is great and the next it looks like crap, leads me to believe that the fault lies with Voom. Whatever they are doing needs to cease. This forum is a great source of info. If a potential customer comes here they should see the positive as well as the negative. And as long as the PQ is worse than when I first had Voom installed I will post negative messages. When it looks good I post positive. If you don't like my posts then don't read them!
Amen Ram-Amen

eschu97611 said:
u don't say?LMAO
I guess neo is lying about NOT seeing anything? LMAO
I think it would be interesting to know who is on the east coast and who is on the west coast and see if there is a correlation to this problem.I am on the east coast and I know sean is also.

vurbano said:
I guess neo is lying about NOT seeing anything? LMAO
I think it would be interesting to know who is on the east coast and who is on the west coast and see if there is a correlation to this problem.I am on the east coast and I know sean is also.
He is lying just as much as those who say they DO see the aforementioned problems-wesssssssssssssside(um, sorry, on the West Coast over here)LMAO

eschu97611 said:
He is lying just as much as those who say they DO see the aforementioned problems-wesssssssssssssside(um, sorry, on the West Coast over here)LMAO
Again, The constructive thing would be to determine first if its a west coast problem. Problems are always easier to solve if you narrow them down.

You criticize me for not having drop outs? the title of this thread is in the form of a question.

Why dont you go harrass the moderator for not seeing them as well?

IS there a registered user here who is a voom employee? No one has told me of any. Inform voom, that will do you the most good. Email Wilt that will help as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)