Last VOOM Statement

riffjim4069 said:
I received my final bill yesterday, due June 13, 2005, for $52.45 which, according to my records, is $52.45 too much. I will call for my credit later this morning.
The VOOM CSRs, as friendly as they are, proved to be useless so I sent a e-mail to Wilt. When the e-mail came back as undeliverable, I called Lori at Cablevision HQ. When Lori's continuously busy signal finally changed to a recorded message stating the VOOM Corporate number is no longer in service, I sent C. Dolan an e-mail. I received an e-mail reply from Mr. Dolan within two hours and a follow-up reply from Lori stating the charges were reversed and my account balance is zero.

Anyway, the folks at VOOM have been nothing less than top-notch from start to finish!!! If you're having trouble with your final bill, just place a call into Cablevision's Executive Office.

Well...I did get my final statement $0.00 and the letter stating to keep the equipment plus that I will not be billed anymore but my bank is still being charged!!!

I can't reach anyone with the phone numbers I have...
HELP DOES ANYONE HAVE A PHONE NUMBER I CAN CALL...!!!

truqui said:
Well...I did get my final statement $0.00 and the letter stating to keep the equipment plus that I will not be billed anymore but my bank is still being charged!!!

I can't reach anyone with the phone numbers I have...
HELP DOES ANYONE HAVE A PHONE NUMBER I CAN CALL...!!!
First of all, if you are sure this is a mistake, inform your bank that the charges are not authorized and request your account be credited back. Do it without delay.
Second, call Cablevision corporate office. Phone numbers should be on their website.

Thanks Ilya...I called my bank yesterday and filed a dispute for the charge.
The bank has the only phone number as 1-800-GET-VOOM which is useless so they will contact them via mail.

I'll try Cablevision...man I hope this is just an honest mistake, given that they did not charge anything in May and this charge is half of what my service was, and that they do not charge anything again in July.

socalpanman said:
Has anyone gotten their final statement, letter, bill, credit etc.?
Please report when you do and any important information like got a refund, send back the box, keep the box ........
Yea, I got one. A bill. I thought about sending them a bill for storage of their equipment. What's up?

JH1949 said:
TO: socalpanman

I then asked (the CSR) when the last statement will arrive and he said 90 days after April 30, 2005.

My original Voom receiver cost $749.99 plus taxes, and my charter member credit last year was about $300. My last statement will include the cost of Voom "basic" service from about April 26 through April 30.

Got my $443.34 final Voom check in the mail July 18.

truqui said:
Thanks Ilya...I called my bank yesterday and filed a dispute for the charge.
The bank has the only phone number as 1-800-GET-VOOM which is useless so they will contact them via mail.

I'll try Cablevision...man I hope this is just an honest mistake, given that they did not charge anything in May and this charge is half of what my service was, and that they do not charge anything again in July.

Just wanted to charm in here.. In June credit card statement i got a bill for 11.52 something like that.. I figured ok, thats the last statement from voom.. ok and i paid it.. On my latest credit card statement i saw the same charge again, i went to call the 800-get voom but that didnt work anymore. I called credit card company and they said they will remove it, no questions asked.. if the charge was valid i would have paid but since i cant get through.. AND LORI AT CABLEVISION IS A WASTE OF TIME.. .

it might be that easy for the people that keep getting recurring charges... i just wanted to chime in.. i havent posted in a few months and been reading all the neat stuff coming with d* soon...

I got a check a week ago. 630 bucks credit. I bought two receivers for less than that in October 04. I'm not going to argue with that.

Im gonna have to go thru my statments. Last month I got a final bill for like $39 and hadnt decided if was gonna send a nasty letter or not as QC had come out, the very day Voom put a stop to any work orders, and they had said the person who did the install screwed it up so bad was a safty risk. He even called the company that was going to come out and explained that the entire job had to be redone and that the origonal install couldnt even pass 1 of the P/F items on QC check list. Since QC said it was such a bad job and that it needed to be taken down or reinstalled I really didnt feel I should owe them which is what I was going to say in my letter. Anyway I never got around to mailing it yet but I get my mail today and guess what... I just got a check from Rainbow DBS for 39.95 LOL. Has a red stamp on the bottom half that says "Voom Refund", go figure :D