Last VOOM Statement

No check yet, but I called and have a $400 and something credit on my account. I am a charter member and bought my receiver in Dec 2003. I'm not sure how they are deciding on who gets a refund or for how much, but here's my theory.

If you bought your receiver and didn't cancel your service prior to shut down, I think you're getting a refund. If you cancelled your service prior to shut down, then you are the one who ended the contract, not Voom. So, maybe they fill they don't owe you anything. Is there anyone here who purchased and cancelled before shut down? Do you have a credit? I don't know, but I'm glad I didn't cancel in the final weeks of Voom.

Now, here's hoping I actually get the money!

stevewilson6980 said:
Today I received my last Statement (invoice) from Voom. I had a $423.54 credit listed and a check was enclosed. I am a very happy camper. Part of the amount shown for the credit was the re-purchase of the receiver. However, in the cover letter is says not to send the receiver back to them, just keep it. Tomorrow I will go to my bank and cash the $423.54 check. Hopefully it won't bounce.

Would you mind telling us how many receivers and if you owed a balance so we can try to get a idea on how much they are booting for the stb's?

This is great great news!!!
GG

PS, I still miss my VoOm!

I called on Friday. I have 5 receivers that I purchased. My refund is 1150.66. :D Good job Voom!

JH1949 said:
TO: socalpanman

I was a "charter member" who bought my Voom receiver at the original high price. Then about a year ago, I suddenly found a $300 credit on my bill. When I called Voom, the CSR said this credit was because Voom had reduced the cost of the receivers to later people who bought them.

Maybe the people who are getting big checks in the mail are part of this charter group refund ?

Hope this helps you understand things better.
Still don't understand.
I'm in the same boat as you. Two purchased receivers in December 2003 and I too got a refund last year. Again the CSR's keep telling me no refunds or buy backs for receivers. So I don't understand all the reports to the contrary. Are these subs later buyers or what? Maybe Scott has a handle on some insider info that could shed light on this.
:confused: Any way we should be a week or so away from those "checks" hitting the first round of mail boxes. Report when you get yours.

TO: socalpanman

Call the Voom CSR again.

But this time, ask them to confirm on their records that you are a charter member who purchased your receivers.

If their records are wrong, just ask them to recalculate what the balance will be on your last statement based on your purchase price of your receivers.

When I just called for my balance, he said that my last statement shows a credit of $443.34.

When I asked why there was a credit, he said that Voom appears to be buying back the receivers from people who purchased them, but that we may not have to return them.

I then asked when the last statement will arrive and he said 90 days after April 30, 2005.

My original Voom receiver cost $749.99 plus taxes, and my charter member credit last year was about $300. My last statement will include the cost of Voom "basic" service from about April 26 through April 30.

Got my last statement - its a bill!

I got a statement from Voom today billing me a prorated amount for the last 15 days or so of service. About $32.

It also informed me that I could keep my STB.

I thought they were just letting us keep the service until the end of April and not billing us for it. Am I remembering the way the shutdown played out wrong. Well, they better not expect their money any time soon. If I pay it, it will be a bout two months from now. They can not bill timely, so they should not expect me to pay timely.

Great - The Voom fun lives on!

I think I paid through the 28th. If get any bill it should be almost nothing... if not a credit.

I got the bill too, it listed a "customer loyalty" credit of $399! Less my final bill (which I didn't pay :rolleyes: ) I have a final credit of $361. Will I be getting a check soon? :D

I received my final statement from Voom today. It reflects a "Customer Loyalty Credit" of $648.00, minus $19.96 for the period between April 19-April 30. So with the original purchase of 2 STB's, one at the cost of $399 and one at the cost of $299 back in October of 2004, I'm supposedly getting a refund of $628.04.

An "important notice" is posted on the back of the statement detailing the way you can expect your refund, either by crediting it back to your account if you were autopay or in the form of a check, and that this should happen anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks. They also transfer ownership rights of all Voom equipment to the subscriber.

I'll keep a close eye out for my refund to be credited back to my account. I will not hold my breath though.

Got my final bill in the other day. I was leasing two receivers for about 4 months and I got a loyalty credit for $50.

Got my "HDTV Delivered" final prorated bill with due date one day before I received the bill. The proper name for that bill should be "HDTV taken away" on a gray/black paper. :eek:

I also got my bill and the due date was one day AFTER I got the bill.. What a crock.

I got my bill yesterday which actually shows a $14.00 credit. Now I have to wait for the refund check.

Final Voom Statement

Well I got my final voom statement in the mail, which states they are transfering ownership of the STB box to me. Also which suprises me, there's a $49 credit. No idea why, the only thing i can think of is because i complained and complained about getting a second box 2 weeks before they died and demanded my money back for the installation fee, which turns out to be $49, i wonder if thats why even though they told me no i am not getting a refund. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, I got my bill yesterday and as I expected it was not correct. My service with Voom ended before April 30, don't know why they just ended my service early. I called and they said it was turned off and they couldn't turn back on. However I got billed for the period of April 18-30. I was also billed $2.71 (bill not in front of me) three times as equipment charge which I'm guessing is for the three boxes that I have. I had a service call because two of the boxes didn't work that they cancelled, yet they still charged me eventhough I sign up under the plan that did not have the $5.00 per box mirror charge. The end result was a credit for $2.00 that I won't receive when I should have a credit for over $35.00 for their screw up on the previous statement.

I got charged 62.94 for the final month of va va voom with 2 receivers. My usual charge was 110.13. this was for April 11 - 30.

Two equipment charges were part of that: 6.33 and 3.33.

I'm fine with it. Just glad to finally get closure. I've looked a 1/2 dozen times at moving over to dish or directv, but neither has a convincing hd pak, despite the inclusion of the voom channels on dish. A combo of both dish and directv's hd offerings plus all that voom had, and the tivo dvr is more what I'm looking for. right now, I'm with ota, and $13 cable.

But give me iTunes for TV and I'd be one content tv viewer. I'd rather just subscribe and download now. Too much crap on in between the stuff I want to watch.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)