Last VOOM Statement

Just got mine yesterday...sad to see VOOM die, but at least some of their channels are on DISH now...waiting impatiently for the rest in 2006...

I received my final bill today. As a charter member/owner, I received a $449.99 customer loyalty credit. This completes a total refund on the equipment purchase as a $300 credit was given in March 2004. As my billing date was from 16th to 15th, I was charged for April 16 to April 30 for Va Va Voom==1/2 month at original $79/month that leaves me with a $404.78 credit after $5.26 tax on the $39.95. Since I was autopay, it will just go back into my bank account. As far as I am concerned Chuck Dolan took care of me because I was loyal to him.

BTW, my Voom box still works and is receiving distant hard to receive OTA digitals from 3 states.

I received a statement today from Voom, telling me I had a $15 credit coming.

My last bill had a full months charge, which I noticed on my AX statement later, after they had gone off the air. I called Amex and they put in a partial credit for me, since I had been billed for a full month but only received about 10 days of content.

We are thinking of trying Dish now, instead of Comcast HD.

KJQ

Got mine today as well. Final bill was $21.86. I was leasing two receivers and they are mine to keep. Not bad two OTA receivers for free!

Mine they seemed to have charged me to for the VaVaVOOM package which I had just subscribed to a few weeks before they made their going out of business announcment, however I still should have been charge the old price since they had an upgrade offer for 3 months of VaVaVOOM for no extra charge.

Damn it.

I miss VOOM.

I received my final statement today, June 15th. The due date is June 13th. When I called I was told I would have to pay a late payment fee!

Nice to see those who got a "loyalty credit." I was a sub for a year and didn't see a "loyalty credit." With Rainbow dishing out money I'll just give myself a "loyalty credit" and call it even.

GOt my statement on the 14th, and yes, there was the $449 loyal customer credit (as expected). But I miss vOom so bad....... still haven't turned on the HD and Voom pack at Dish, because it isn't as compelling. I miss some of the channels on Voom21 and their standard package. And I am even missing WealthTV (after I turned on VavaVoom on the last 20 days or so...) Plus I miss the love/hate messages on here..... And a bunch of the Voomers seem to have vanished.....

Final Statement

Received my final statement 0n Tue. I have a $450 Loyalty credit(2 Purchased recrivers) minus $28 for service from 4/10 to 4/30, and also transferring all rights, title, and interest in the equipment to me! Check to be sent in 6-8 weeks!
I have just been receiving local channels since the Voom shutdown. Most of my locals have 1 regular, 1 hidef, and 1 weather radar channel. The 3 PBS have several channels, each of which has different programming, and a dedicated Hi def channel. So on a cost basis, I was receiving half of what I used to watch for FREE! (27 channels) Half are in Hi Def! With Voom, I had over 200 channels inc. Showtime, for $43/month! To get the equivilent with Dish, $75/month *, and for Directv, about $65/month! Boy, did we have it GOOD with VOOM! Since I had Dish before I switched to VOOM, none of their promotions would apply to me, so that eliminated them. Also, their previous lack of effort towards HI DEF was the main reason I switched to VOOM, and so I still think Charley doesn't get it! As for Cablevision, they are a bunch of idiots for pulling the plug JUST when they finally got rid of all the bugs(I went through 3 main receivers the first year, and before I finally purchased the 2nd one) AND just at the time when the service WAS THE BEST PACKAGE AROUND!!! Anybody going into an ESTABLISHED market should have planned to lay out money for 4 or 5 years to get a viable operation! The trouble is that I doubt if any of the Cablevision board members actually had the VOOM service? Anyway, yesterday I decided to take advantage of Directv's $200 rebate for VOOM customers signing up for HI DEF, and ordered my equipment!
* The dish and Directv prices DON'T include Showtime.

hidefbob63 said:
As for Cablevision, they are a bunch of idiots for pulling the plug JUST when they finally got rid of all the bugs(I went through 3 main receivers the first year, and before I finally purchased the 2nd one) AND just at the time when the service WAS THE BEST PACKAGE AROUND!!!

I still don't get that decision either. Especially, when you realize that they put a (close to) 17 Billion dollar cash bid on the table for Adelphia. Fell thru, but still they were able to make that bid.

I called in on April 27 to make sure everything was taken care of, and that I was paid up through the service cutoff. I was told that I was. Now, two months later, I get a bill with a past-due due date???

F*ck that. If they insist on pursuing me for collection of the $34.87, I'll UPS them 3487 pennies.

Slipshod operation... no wonder they went under.

I received my bill today. What's funny is that the due date is June 13th. I think someone doesn't know what they're doing in the mail room. lol

On the back it stated that I could keep my voom receiver for locals and that in order to receive the VOOMHD channels that I would need to subscribe to Dish. Hopefully voom will expand it's reach to everyone via directv and cable...

danielle_s said:
I received my bill today. What's funny is that the due date is June 13th. I think someone doesn't know what they're doing in the mail room. lol

On the back it stated that I could keep my voom receiver for locals and that in order to receive the VOOMHD channels that I would need to subscribe to Dish. Hopefully voom will expand it's reach to everyone via directv and cable...
Me too - got mine today (well yesterday as it's after mid-night). Due 13th, bill showed up here on the 16th.

$35.37 I owe 'em.

I was leasing three recievers and my last payment was on April 18th ($127.44).

I could have SWORN we paid in advance for programming...

F-it, I sent 'em an e-check for the $35.37. Voom was the best 3 months or so of TV I've ever had.

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday...

Shawn95GT said:
Voom was the best 3 months or so of TV I've ever had.

Exactly. I was paid through April 27th. My bill was a proration for the last three days they were on-air. I owe it fair and square, and it was the best damn programming I've ever seen.

MarcelV said:
I still don't get that decision either. Especially, when you realize that they put a (close to) 17 Billion dollar cash bid on the table for Adelphia. Fell thru, but still they were able to make that bid.

Yeah, I was wondering if Dolan senior was reminding the rest of the board about the relative merits of bidding $17 Billion for Adelphia vs continued funding of Voom. Have to say, Cablevision's boardroom is more interesting than any reality show.

Cablevision will regret closing VOOM!

With VOOM, Cablevision had room to expand into the big time as per Charlie Dolans dream, if only they had given it a few more years! Now all Cablevision has is cable service in the New York tri state area, AND the big phone companies have announced that they WILL BE OFFERING TV services competing directly against Cablevision. Guess who has bigger pockets and will win?

Finally got my last bill with my $400 customer loyalty credit plus an odd little $7 credit for Va Va Voom. *shrug* When I get the check I'll be happy. Thanks for doing the right thing Voom.

I owed them as well, the only thing I am upset about was they charged me the VaVaVOOM price when the VaVaVOOM price was supposed to be free for 3 months.

Man do I miss VOOM.

riffjim4069 said:
I would rather be watching the Stanley Cup Finals!

So would I!!! It was like losing a year of my life with no hockey season...

Even sadder, ESPN declined to buy the contractual rights to the 2005-2006 season (@ $60 million). So, even if someone picks it up (USA Network had it several years ago), chances of seeing hockey in HD in the near future are slim... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)