HBO Max launches on Roku 12/17/2020

I was getting stuff reset at my parent's home, and I didn't even think of the fact HBO Max on was on their Roku. I just made certain it was set up. Once I got home, it dawned on me. Wait... HBO Max is on Roku?! So yippee! AT&T just gives it away with 1 Gbps, so I'll take it. TCM, Cartoon Network are our main uses of it.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

• HBO Max is rolling out a new update that will enable 4K HDR streams from the app.
  • 4K HDR will only be available on select devices for now.
  • Wonder Woman 1984 will be the first movie to be streamed on the app in 4K HDR.

The update is currently rolling out, but only for users on select devices. The list includes the following:
  • Supported Android TV devices
  • Chromecast Ultra
  • Chromecast with Google TV
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
  • Amazon Fire TV Cube
  • 4K Fire TV Edition smart TVs
  • AT&T TV
  • Apple TV 4K

Hope the Shield is included since it is basically a Android device.

I was hoping my new Google TV Chromecast and then my just purchased 2020 Roku Ultra would become my go-to device, but I seem to keep going back to my 4K FireTV stick, which I purchased for $25 about this time last year. Could've saved $130. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
I was hoping my new Google TV Chromecast and then my just purchased 2020 Roku Ultra would become my go-to device, but I seem to keep going back to my 4K FireTV stick, which I purchased for $25 about this time last year. Could've saved $130. lol
My current go-to in the living room is an NVIDIA Shield with AppleTV 4K as needed. Roku Ultra 2018 and Firestick 4K are also there if needed. The other TVs in the house all have Firestick 4Ks still. Anything more expensive would be wasted on those smaller, less used TVs.

• HBO Max is rolling out a new update that will enable 4K HDR streams from the app.
  • 4K HDR will only be available on select devices for now.
  • Wonder Woman 1984 will be the first movie to be streamed on the app in 4K HDR.

The update is currently rolling out, but only for users on select devices. The list includes the following:
  • Supported Android TV devices
  • Chromecast Ultra
  • Chromecast with Google TV
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
  • Amazon Fire TV Cube
  • 4K Fire TV Edition smart TVs
  • AT&T TV
  • Apple TV 4K
They added this-

• Roku Ultra 4800x, Roku 4k TVs

Can confirm my TCL 8 received a update to HBO MAX this morning, I assume it is for 4K.

Cancelled next HBO billing which will get me through His Dark Materials, as well as CBS AA (which will carry through to end of ST Discovery, not nearly as good as Season 2, but slightly better than 1.) Next surf will be to Hulu for probably just a month

Wonder Woman 1984 was too long and it seemed to have a lot of material they could of cut out to speed the plot along. The actions sequences were few and far between. There was also too much touchy feely talk. But it was nice seeing Linda Carter in the Credits playing her scene. They even did it like a Marvel movie and let the credits end and then another scene. Loved her in the series.

Watched Soul ( the new Pixar movie ), so much better then WW1984, going to miss new movies premiering at home when/if theaters open back.

Reactions: ncted
The story of WW84 was fine, but it is almost like it was directed by a different person. The pacing was terrible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)