HBO Max - WarnerMedia Announces Upcoming Streaming Service

WarnerMedia announced today that HBO Max, the popular streaming platform, will begin rolling out on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire tablets on Tuesday, November 17. This launch brings HBO Max into the living rooms of tens of millions of Amazon device customers.

Amazon Fire TV is the #1 streaming media player family in the US. HBO Max will be compatible with the entire Fire TV line-up including the all-new Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Stick Lite.

Great news. I knew both Peacock & MAX would be moving to Roku and/or Fire TV. I have both, so if I want MAX, I can get it. I do have the free version of Peacock on Roku though, but not much on there.I can always side load on the Fire Stick, but if there is a separate app it is easier.

Looks like the rumors were correct, Wonder Woman 1984 will premiere on HBOMAX on Christmas Day.

That works for me as I have no interest in going to a theater at this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like the rumors were correct, Wonder Woman 1984 will premiere on HBOMAX on Christmas Day.

I read that earlier....at no additional cost.

Edit....Just found this...

• Subscribers of the streaming service will be able to watch the movie at no additional cost but only for one month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Simmons

I’ll go to the theater since the Alamo Drafthouse enforces six feet social distancing with their seating system. Plus everyone gets their tempr taken when they arrive, have to wear a mask unless eating/drinking, sanitize between showings even wipe down the hand railings during the shows.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Agreed, I just built a outdoor theater with a 120” 16x9 screen, rather watch it here then go to a theater, especially with the virus.

Now what are studios going to do with all the other movies they could not release this year and I really doubt next year.

Top of my head-
Marvel’s Black Widow
and the Eternals
Bond-No Time to Die
Dune
A Quiet Place 2
The King's Man
Ghostbuster Afterlife

I think some sort of hybrid release is the future. I haven’t enjoyed going to theaters for years, so watching at home is preferable to me. I wonder how many theaters will survive anyway.

I think some sort of hybrid release is the future. I haven’t enjoyed going to theaters for years, so watching at home is preferable to me. I wonder how many theaters will survive anyway.

Theaters are going to survive because once Covid-19 is under control people are going to be desperate to go to the theater and see all 20+ Marvel films in a row. There could be no end of special events theaters could run. While having a theater experience at home is possible, most people don't have the wattage in the subwoofers or the massive projector screen size for it.

And there will be theaters, it just depends on who owns them.
I read that earlier....at no additional cost.

Edit....Just found this...

• Subscribers of the streaming service will be able to watch the movie at no additional cost but only for one month.
I'll take it. We would have paid something, quite easily. $20 is definitely worth the price. But if they want to give it away, like they are giving HBO Max to me for free with the fiber... I'm not arguing.

Reactions: ncted
I was very happy to hear the WW84 news, as I'm on a 12-month promo deal for HBO Max and haven't been to a movie theater in 6 years. But the cynical part of me wonders (considering how mediocre Mulan turned out to be as a movie) whether WW84 isn't that good of a movie either, or at least a significant step down from the first. Of course for free I'll watch regardless.

Agreed, I just built a outdoor theater with a 120” 16x9 screen, rather watch it here then go to a theater, especially with the virus.

Now what are studios going to do with all the other movies they could not release this year and I really doubt next year.

Top of my head-
Marvel’s Black Widow
and the Eternals
Bond-No Time to Die
Dune
A Quiet Place 2
The King's Man
Ghostbuster Afterlife
Must be nice.:hail:hail

Theaters are going to survive because once Covid-19 is under control people are going to be desperate to go to the theater and see all 20+ Marvel films in a row. There could be no end of special events theaters could run. While having a theater experience at home is possible, most people don't have the wattage in the subwoofers or the massive projector screen size for it.

And there will be theaters, it just depends on who owns them.
I'll take it. We would have paid something, quite easily. $20 is definitely worth the price. But if they want to give it away, like they are giving HBO Max to me for free with the fiber... I'm not arguing.
For $20.00 I'd wait till the Blue Ray came out.:D

Reactions: navychop
Reactions: ncted and Zookster
I just hope WW84 isn't an outlier until the next big-budget recent release movie or TV show hits the service. Though it's safe to say the Zach Snyder Justice League will likely be in 4K/HDR. Ideally, once they "flip the switch" all episodes of Game of Thrones, Westworld, Lovecraft Country, His Dark Materials, etc. will be in 4K.

I just hope WW84 isn't an outlier until the next big-budget recent release movie or TV show hits the service. Though it's safe to say the Zach Snyder Justice League will likely be in 4K/HDR. Ideally, once they "flip the switch" all episodes of Game of Thrones, Westworld, Lovecraft Country, His Dark Materials, etc. will be in 4K.
I would watch GOT again in 4K, watching the 6 Hobbit and LOTR movies in 4K right now, amazing difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts