HBO Max

kittycatblues

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2016
Iowa
If I subscribe to HBO Max through Dish ($12/month for first 12 months right now through 10/27/21) will I get access to the same day movies as HBO Max premium streaming subscribers, such as Dune (available now through Nov. 21) and The Matrix 4 (Dec. 22)?

If I subscribe to HBO Max through Dish ($12/month for first 12 months right now through 10/27/21) will I get access to the same day movies as HBO Max premium streaming subscribers, such as Dune (available now through Nov. 21) and The Matrix 4 (Dec. 22)?
We subscribed the Dish offer. We have HBO channels in the dish guide and HBO Max on our Rokus. We have to use HBO max via the Roku to view the good stuff! Hardly ever watch HBO via the dish.

We subscribed the Dish offer. We have HBO channels in the dish guide and HBO Max on our Rokus. We have to use HBO max via the Roku to view the good stuff! Hardly ever watch HBO via the dish.
So is that the only way to watch it on our TV? No Dish app? I know I can stream it through my computer but sure would like to see it on a big screen.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Roku is the only way to go.
That is a matter of personal belief. I have a Roku 4880, an Apple TV 4K (2nd generation), and a Firestick. They each have something going for them depending on the event. I mostly use the Apple but go to Roku when I want to watch 4K sports on Fox because it has HDR in the app while the Apple doesn't. I use the Firestick the least.

By the way, Dish getting HBO back did not help AT&T much-

HBO and HBO Max ended Q3 with 45.2 million US subscribers, a 1.8 million subscriber loss from the previous quarter.

I have an older original Fire Stick and it cannot download the HBO Max app.

I get HBO Max "free" with my AT&T cell phone package but have to cast it from my cell phone to the TV.

Yes, you do need a streaming device to watch HBOMAX on your Television.
I have a Samsung 4k smart TV and I watch HBO MAX directly from the internet which eliminates any of the middle technology such as ROKU or Dish hardware. I mention Dish hardware because I believe Dish will eventually put HBO MAX on the Hoppers just as the did Netflix and Prime.

Reactions: jannah
Thanks all, sounds like a good deal to subscribe through Dish since it also comes with several HBO channels. I do have a Roku we can use to stream HBO Max.

Reactions: dennispap
I mostly use Firestick 4k , I also have Roku Premier but picture quality on my TV is better with the Firestick and yes HBO Max on it, watched Dune the other day, next up is the Matrix in December, that will be the last movie on HBO Max to be released same day as theaters.

I discovered I had the HBO Max app on my Sony TV so everythings good even though I had to listen to it with the TV speakers and not my sound bar because of the way I have it hooked up. I do wish they would create an app for Dish just to make it easier.

I don't ever stream but I re-subscribed to HBO when it came back to Dish Network.

Do they plan on showing the "new releases" on the actual HBO Channel (live) or do you have to have stream them?