HBO On Demand through Hopper

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I am trying out the On Demand tonight for the first time with my Hopper. I went to the HBO On Demand and chose an episode of The Sopranos. It said it was free which I assume is because I am an HBO subscriber. The episode is now showing in My Rentals and when I viewed the info on the episode it has the message "Available to Watch for: 29 days 23 hours". So, what happens after the 29 days and 23 hours? I assume if I wanted to watch it again in the future it would still be free, right? I am guessing it just clears it out of the my rentals section to save on hard drive space?

I am trying out the On Demand tonight for the first time with my Hopper. I went to the HBO On Demand and chose an episode of The Sopranos. It said it was free which I assume is because I am an HBO subscriber. The episode is now showing in My Rentals and when I viewed the info on the episode it has the message "Available to Watch for: 29 days 23 hours". So, what happens after the 29 days and 23 hours? I assume if I wanted to watch it again in the future it would still be free, right? I am guessing it just clears it out of the my rentals section to save on hard drive space?

It will basically be locked.You won't be able to watch it again.If its still available on demand you would have to d/load it again.

You will see all kinds of expire dates depending of the agreement the particular channel has with Dish. I've seen as little as 7 days, but most are just short of 30 days. I have seen some with an actual date instead of days left. Watch as many times as you want, but as Teehar stated, it gets locked when timed out. Some programs can be downloaded again, others may be removed from On Demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts