Hey, stop sending me discount coupons for referrals

I can watch The Walking Dead just fine on a Roku, supplied for free by Dish, my Smart TV, and my BD player......

I can watch The Walking Dead just fine on a Roku, supplied for free by Dish, my Smart TV, and my BD player......
As can I. But how much longer will Dish give out credits for the new episodes of AMC programming? Makes more sense to drop or lower your Dish service if you're going to have to pay extra for the things you really want to watch. But that goes for every provider. If it doesn't have what you enjoy, then it makes sense to switch.

As Charlie said its much cheaper to pay for the episodes for their customers then pay for a group of channels that the majority of DISH customers don't want.

Looking at the big picture he makes a lot of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

As Charlie said its much cheaper to pay for the episodes for their customers then pay for a group of channels that the majority of DISH customers don't want.

Yes, but Scott, that argument could be used for all networks. Outside of the "Big 4" and ESPN, every network could be dropped because the majority of people don't watch it. Would Dish pay people to watch FX shows if they dropped the Fox networks? There is a limit to everything. I really don't think that Charlie will be paying people to purchase AMC programs from Amazon or iTunes much longer. The good PR will probably be over after this upcoming season of The Walking Dead.

I was told i would not be reimbursed if i bought the walking dead. i would like to have amc back because in october amc usually shows horror movies all month long.

I was told i would not be reimbursed if i bought the walking dead. i would like to have amc back because in october amc usually shows horror movies all month long.
Problem is, all those horror films are too horrible to watch with all the commercials. ;)

gpollock87 said:

Rent a DVD/bluray. :)

Scott, I understand what is going on here, but why should we listen to what Charlie says?
Shouldn't he be listening to what his customers say?
There is so much programing that I do not watch. Multiple/similar channels playing the same thing over and over.
The package choices should be changed up a bit to be more cost effective for customers not dish. The more happiness that is
spread around here will mean more profits in the end. Start saving money by not sending out all the referral letters. Big waste of money.....Save a tree will ya.
AND GIVE ME BACK AMC and start by removing cooking channel. Those shows are so old I don't think they even know what fire is.

I get mailers from Englewood Co for new customer promos even though I'm an existing customer. If companies like dish were truly concerned about money this wouldn't be an issue.

This is from Friday & unopened...............

dish mailer.jpg

Last edited:
please AMC, STOP sending me emails to change providrers! i watch more shows in the cooking channel than any of all your combined channels!!! :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:

Why should you listen to what Charlie says? Because you picked him to be your provider. He is providing a way for people to see the new AMC shows, so really no one is missing anything who is a dish customer.

That's not that bad, but I also understand its inconvenient to some. There are other options and providers who may give you want you want. Unfortunately I see these things getting WORSE in the future instead of better from all providers no matter if it's DISH, DIRECTV or a cable provider. Programming costs are going up, programmers are making their programs available for free or near free the same or next day on the internet, and the ratings for the channels keeps going down.

It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation unfortunately.

Here is a c/p from D* retailers site:

Important Policy Information
DO NOT ENGAGE WITH PROGRAMMERS WHO ARE IN DISPUTES OR OTHER CARRIAGE DISAGREEMENTS WITH OUR COMPETITORS
During negotiations or on occasions when competitors (cable, telco tv, other satellite providers) lose or drop carriage of channels, programmers involved in these disputes have been known to offer premiums, incentives or sales assistance (in the form of POS, signage, apparel, etc) to entice customers to switch to DIRECTV to view their programming.DIRECTV maintains a strict policy that dealers are not permitted to engage with or accept premiums, incentives or sales assistance from Programmers during these disputes and disagreements.Your compliance with this policy is important for all parties involved.If you have questions about this policy, please reach out to your ASM or Distributor Partner.

This is striking to me because dish has never shown this type of behavior..........ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts