Hughesnet Raven Dish for Dish Network 1000

aceof8s

Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
I have a Hughesnet Raven Dish that I no longer use for satellite Internet service. I've been trying to put my Dish Network 1000 head on the Raven dish. I'm having luck getting satellite 119, but not having much luck getting satellites 110 or 129. Has anyone tried to use an old Raven dish for Dish Network service? Do the heads need to be a certain distance away from the dish? I've found different elevation and skew settings for all three satellites on various sites. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unless you enjoy hitting your head against a brick wall just use a dish 1000+. The curviture of the satellite dish and the focal distance are matched by engineers to the feed you are using. For the 1000+ 4 satellites are bouncing their signals off the dish surface so there are actually 4 focal points that feed horns have to be located at. The RAVEN has only one satellite so only one focal point. With trial and error you might find a sweet spot where you get a signal but will it be maximum signal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)