Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aurora

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Aurora, CO
Probably been brought up before but...

We added HBO/Cinemax the other day, presumably to watch the new season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" ON DEMAND. Why wouldn't I assume it would be available? Showtime has on demand, we were just changing from one premium movie channel to another. Comcast would have provided this service!

I love my DirecTV, and will never go back to Comcast, but come one. WHY is HBO not ON DEMAND?!?

We added HBO/Cinemax the other day, presumably to watch the new season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" ON DEMAND. Why wouldn't I assume it would be available? Showtime has on demand, we were just changing from one premium movie channel to another. Comcast would have provided this service!

I love my DirecTV, and will never go back to Comcast, but come one. WHY is HBO not ON DEMAND?!?

Good question. I wish I had both HBO and Max On Demand

When I dropped HBO a few months ago from Directv, this was one of the main reasons I told the CSR why I dropped it. Comcast has it and also has more channels in HD available. The Directv CSR swore up and down that VOD for HBO was available on their system.

The reason you don't get HBO on-demand is that D* and HBO do not currently have an agreement to provide VOD for HBO or Cinemax. Why? Don't know. Otherwise, you woul;d have been able to view it IF they offered it.

well, whatever the reason, its incredibly stupid and inconvenient. I went to visit my parents on my day off, and guess what? Bresnan cable on demand let me watch the first 7 episodes of Curb! Thanks Bresnan!!

I heard somewhere that HBO prices on demand differently than SHO, Starz, etc. Was it that the provider had to pay extra w/ HBO while the others didn't cost the provider any more? The gist of it was the HBO was more costly to offer and Directv wasn't gonna do it.

I could understand if Directv was passing on the savings... but they aren't. So they will lose some income from me as I pay less for VOD and et more HD HBO channels through a different provider.

Yes our systems dont mention HBO on demand or give us any hint or clue if we will ever get it. Most likely it will come up in the next round of contract negoations with hbo.

While I can understand the frustration, I was able to adapt by using the DVR. The series option is a beautiful thing. CYE is must see TV for sure.

Blows my mind too. HBO is most popular premium network. Hell, it was the first! You may also notice the paltry D* lineup as well, and the two measly HD channels. There clearly is some major issue between the two. It could stem from the fact HBO is owned by Time Warner, and D* is their competitor.

Blows my mind too. HBO is most popular premium network. Hell, it was the first! You may also notice the paltry D* lineup as well, and the two measly HD channels. There clearly is some major issue between the two. It could stem from the fact HBO is owned by Time Warner, and D* is their competitor.

Whats really pisses me off is that D* announced we would get the HBO spinoffs in HD 2 years ago, and they still haven't delivered. :rant:

DirecTV Press Release July 13, 2007 DIRECTV to Offer 11 HBO/Cinemax Channels in HD by September '07

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)