HBO on Echostar 3?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thunderbird

Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
Alabama
Hey I am new at this hobby. In fact I ordered my system Thursday. I was a test many years ago, but now realize that it is wrong, and have found the best way of getting programming is Paying for it. Until I found out about FTA. Any way in the past 2 months that I have been reading up on FTA, I have made several visits to LyngSat. I noticed earlier this week that Echostar 3 has added HBO along with a few other good channels to FTA. Has any one checked this out? My stuff will not be in at least until the middle of the week, what better way to start out by getting HBO. I have stars on my Sub, from DTV, and it is getting really old.

I knew there was some FTA there, just on my way over to 61.5!

Remember you will need a DBS LNB to hook up to your new FTA receiver, and set the LNBF L.O. to 11250.

Getting them all but not the HBO : (
I will have another scan!

This is all I get FTA......

IFC US

ESPN Classic USA

Toon Disney

Discovery Health Channel

Fox News Channel

NASA TV

The Weather Channel

Maybe some one else can try!

There was 13 channels there about 2 weeks ago. Dish Network was doing some tesing (to probably see how many channels can fit on a TP).

Stuff comes and goes all the time. We use to have Syracuse locals for about a month.

Thats the key thing to remember...just because its there today, it may not be there tomorrow

I noticed I needed a dbs lnb the other day while searching either this or another forum, But thanks for the reminder. I also knew that it probably be gone quick, but I was just hoping they would wait until I got my stuff. I just wanted to know it was true or not that they were up.

Thanks for the Reply.......

You would need a 2 way DiSEqC switch or a second cable run from DBS LNB to receiver.

Which sat has the health channel?
Thanks
Ken

PSB said:
This is all I get FTA......

IFC US

ESPN Classic USA

Toon Disney

Discovery Health Channel

Fox News Channel

NASA TV

The Weather Channel

Maybe some one else can try!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)