HBO or Max

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
I was thinkging about droping Showtime keeping Starz wife stop watching one of her shows on Showtime so which one do you guys like better HBO or Max?? I like it that HBO as the new HBOGO which you can use on the X-box and I think Max as a MaxGo or something so forth. Just wanting everyones thoughts on the 2 channels.. :)

HBO will give you more original series, many of them excellent. Like Game of Thrones which is playing now. Also good boxing matches, and of course, the movies.

Max has an original series, Strikeback, that I liked, but overall I only subscribe when that series is playing.

HBOGo is slick as hell. Not only does it work well, but you can also view some of their older series that are not available anywhere but on DVD/BluRay. Like Carnivale, Deadwood and others of the older series, and also all the episodes of the current series. Like Trueblood from the beginning.

Max also has the same thing, but I didn't find myself using it much as it didn't have much I wanted to watch on it.

If I had to choose, my order would be:

HBO
Starz
Cinemax
Showtime

Thats based on me preferring original series first, movies 2nd. HBO has a lot of good stuff from series to documentaries. My wife and I also enjoy Real Sports. Max had the one good action series, and two more int he works, they may become my second place pick in the future.

HBO for sure. More channels to pick from.

If I had to choose, my order would be:

HBO
Starz
Cinemax
Showtime

Thats based on me preferring original series first, movies 2nd. HBO has a lot of good stuff from series to documentaries. My wife and I also enjoy Real Sports. Max had the one good action series, and two more int he works, they may become my second place pick in the future.

Well I told them I just wanted to add HBO drop Showtime so Direct said they could add HBO plus Max 2 for 1 for 3 months plus give me $5 bucks off my Starz for 6 months so I thought that was good. So I will just call back in to wards the end of July and drop the Max and keep HBO and Starz. I will have to try the HBOGO app on the X-Box but I'm looking forward to seeing some of series on HBO like the Game of Thrones I seen some of season 1 so I will have to probably watch it from the begging before I get into season 2. Overall I did not think it was that bad of a deal and my bill will remain the same.. :) Again thanks for all the input... :)

If I had to choose it would be
Starz
HBO
Showtime
Cinema:mad:Skinemax) :D lol but i would keep HBO over Cinemax :)

HBO will give you more original series, many of them excellent. Like Game of Thrones which is playing now. Also good boxing matches, and of course, the movies.

Max has an original series, Strikeback, that I liked, but overall I only subscribe when that series is playing.

HBOGo is slick as hell. Not only does it work well, but you can also view some of their older series that are not available anywhere but on DVD/BluRay. Like Carnivale, Deadwood and others of the older series, and also all the episodes of the current series. Like Trueblood from the beginning.

Max also has the same thing, but I didn't find myself using it much as it didn't have much I wanted to watch on it.

+1 on HBO

I have both and I notice that I tend to watch HBO a lot more than Max. In fact, I don't even remember when was the last time I watched something on a Max channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts