Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Do not know what to do???

HBO or STARZ??

any suggestions??

Oh...

I have a 4yr old... my family likes movies not reality shows.

Hows StarzHD? VS HBOHD?

Oh...

Hows StarzHD? VS HBOHD?

Glad you mentioned that you're looking for a "whole family" solution. If it were just for programming, I'd say HBO, but if you got younguns, there's stuff on there you wouldn't want them viewing. I don't think there are movies/shows like that on the Starz! package, so for your situation, I'd say Starz!

I can't comment on one HD vs. the other because I've never seen Starz!-HD.

I have them both; Starz seems to have more movies, and is probably more family friendly. But you didn't give the option of both. That's how I would have voted.

I have them both; Starz seems to have more movies, and is probably more family friendly. But you didn't give the option of both. That's how I would have voted.

I didnt do both because of my TV budget, its one or none (says wife)

Based on this - definitly Starz. :)

Hows StarzHD? VS HBOHD?
StarzHD has improved significantly over the past year. They used to show a lot of upconverted movies in the past. This is no longer the case. Almost everything is in true HD these days, with just a few exceptions.
The HD picture quality on both channels (on E*) is good but not great. Compression used by E* is too high. I canceled my HBO subscription because I can watch most of the same movies in much better quality on HD DVD, and I don't really care about HBO shows. (Not that they are bad, they are actually among the best!)

However, I am planning to signup for HBO again in January for one reason only: Rome! Which looks fantastic in HD! An eye candy!

HBO Family has a TON of kids programming from preschool to teen. They also have movies. HBO as a whole has a whole range of stuff, but IMHO, the movies are generally better and, though EVERYONE starts off saying they "never" watch the series, they do. And I am talking about things like Real Sports and several family series on HBO family.

Starz has Disney, Touchstone and Buena Vista movies so it does have a family feel.

See ya
Tony

HBO Family has a TON of kids programming from preschool to teen. They also have movies. HBO as a whole has a whole range of stuff, but IMHO, the movies are generally better and, though EVERYONE starts off saying they "never" watch the series, they do. And I am talking about things like Real Sports and several family series on HBO family.

Starz has Disney, Touchstone and Buena Vista movies so it does have a family feel.

See ya
Tony

I was thinking just of the HD feeds; I don't even keep the SD premium feeds in a favorites list anymore.... but you are right HBO Family has a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts