Hbo Ppv

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Can we get HBO pay per view? There is something I want on June 3rd. Can't seem to find it and not coming up with anything doing a search.

If you want to watch the Prelude it Will prolly show up that day. I watched it last year. Dish Network shut it off way too early. I want to get it again but I am a little leary.

I know sometimes a fight is HBO PPV. It would be listed.

Where would I look for the listing Hemi 6.1? Tony Stewart is having some kinda race on June 3rd. I caught the tail end where he was talking about it. I think it is bunches of NASCAR drivers running in a dirt race put on by Tony. He said it would be on HBO PPV.

If I had to Guess the 500's . But I'm not sure with E* I've never rented a PPV Event. I would search your on screen guide. The entire Guide for that Day. But as far as your search I noticed the E* search mode isn't always correct. So I wouldn't go by that just yet.

If I had to Guess the 500's . But I'm not sure with E* I've never rented a PPV Event. I would search your on screen guide. The entire Guide for that Day. But as far as your search I noticed the E* search mode isn't always correct. So I wouldn't go by that just yet.

OK, thanks. If I can't find it I will call Dish.

It will be in the 454-464 area

Dish site shows it....June 4 with SD replays on 5,6,7,8....PPV area

Attachments

• ppv.JPG
    ppv.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 190
no problem

Honestly if you went to Wednesday in the guide (unless your guide only goes out two days) and look in the 454-464 area its probably already in there :)

OK. I have the nine day guide. Wife and I are in the middle of watching the Indy race. I will go check another DVR out.

Found it. Channel 455, 4 June at 5:30PM. So how does this work after I order it? Do I set up a timmer? Will it stay in My Recordings for so long?

Going to try it out. Just ordered a PPV sports event with the remote control. From reading Scott's thread on Dish's questions on DRM, I guess it should stay in My Recordings since it isn't a PPV movie. It automatically set a timer for 6.5 hours and it loaded to the #1 priority slot. I checked my timers for the day of the PPV to make sure the auto #1 priority didn't effect my other timers so I could do some adjustments if needed.

I just checked my other DVRs for the PPV that was ordered. Of course they weren't scheduled. Does anyone know what will happen if I select to order again? Will I have to pay another $24.95 if I want the same PPV show on another DVR or is it for all my DVRs on my home account?

If it shows in you daily schedule, you should be ok, it will not show in the purchases until the event starts. If you click on the program in the guide, it will take you to the dvr listings. The software does not allow you to purchase it twice unless you go to a different showing. Only thing to note on ppv's is there may be a limited time it will stay on your hard drive (I am not sure if this has started on Dish yet, but there was a lot of talk several months ago about the length of time an event can be viewed.)

Note: I don't usually purchase ppv's, guess that why I didn't know HBO even had ppv's let alone Dish having them.

If it shows in you daily schedule, you should be ok, it will not show in the purchases until the event starts. If you click on the program in the guide, it will take you to the dvr listings. The software does not allow you to purchase it twice unless you go to a different showing. Only thing to note on ppv's is there may be a limited time it will stay on your hard drive (I am not sure if this has started on Dish yet, but there was a lot of talk several months ago about the length of time an event can be viewed.)

Note: I don't usually purchase ppv's, guess that why I didn't know HBO even had ppv's let alone Dish having them.

You only have to order once like garys said, and it will be on all of your TVs. Also, this event should NOT have any DRM so you don't have to worry about that.

OK, thanks garys. I am not sure where the PPV is coming from now. Tony Stewart said HBO PPV. The dish schedule just says "PPV Sports." The channel number says SPORT 455. I have the timer set for it at 5:30pm CDT on 4 June. I think the DRM thing is for movies only. So I would think this should stay in My Recordings till I delete it. Time will tell I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)