hbo starz free w/ no 24 month commitment

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] To receive 3 months of credits towards your HBO and STARZ programming ($22 per month or $20 per month if receiving 4 or more premium packages), you agree to maintain a minimum of Classic Bronze 100 or higher, DishLATINO Clásico or higher, TurboHD Bronze or higher, or a qualified International Programming package.
(23-12-3) Joanne C.: After 3 months, HBO/STARZ will continue to be billed at the then-current price until you elect to downgrade. You have also agreed to either provide a valid email address or participate in the DISH Network monthly payment program of AutoPay with Paperless Billing. If you fail to maintain a valid email address or remove AutoPay with Paperless Billing, you will forfeit any remaining credits and continue to be billed for HBO and STARZ at the then-current pricing.

I was looking into offers and this is what I was told...no 24 month commitment and just give a valid email address or auto pay so if you have the cinemax deal you should be eligible for the 3 month hbo/starz promotion.
[/FONT]

I got this yesterday. I just called and asked what the price difference was for my package, and Americas Everything Pack, and she said, "Hey, we have your email on file, want HBO and Starz for 3 months free?"

You shouldn't have a problem if you call.

I went to my offers page on Dish Network website and it was listed there as a promotion. It's amazing how they are giving all Starz and HBO stations free for 3 months to those who want it.

I did the 24 month commitment online. I had to sign up for auto pay to get the Max for a penny. Also you will get charged the $5 downgrade fee if you elect to discontinue HBO and Starz. Just load up the DVR.

This wasn't available to me when I called in to drop Platinum HD (when Smith was dropped). I just used online chat and they signed me up in two minutes. As other have said, I can verify that there is no commitment extension related to this.

Interesting. I just tried to get the offer and was told it was only available with the commitment. May have to try again with a different CSR?

Interesting. I just tried to get the offer and was told it was only available with the commitment. May have to try again with a different CSR?

I would. And I would also do it in chat and have the text of the chat emailed to yourself at the end so that you have a record showing that you were told there would be no commitment extension. (It never hurts to take precautions.)

I just went on to live chat and got hbo/starz free for 3 months.I recently just got it a couple of months ago.The csr was real helpful. I just put in my email address and told him i was currently on autopay.I asked him if I would be charged a downgrade fee when I removed them , he said no fee.He also said he would set my account to downgrade automatically when the 3 months are up:D:D

I just went on to live chat and got hbo/starz free for 3 months.I recently just got it a couple of months ago.The csr was real helpful. I just put in my email address and told him i was currently on autopay.I asked him if I would be charged a downgrade fee when I removed them , he said no fee.He also said he would set my account to downgrade automatically when the 3 months are up:D:D

I wouldn't count on that. Be sure to call in to downgrade, or be prepared to pay the piper.

I wouldn't count on that. Be sure to call in to downgrade, or be prepared to pay the piper.

Yea I have been with Dish over 10 yrs .I m going to call like I did the first time,just to make sure.Dish is sneaky sometimes so you have to be prepared.

vip722 static interference on tv2

Richmond VA. HD Locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)