Richmond VA. HD Locals

bsakoff

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
VA.
Does anyone know if the Richmond Va. HD locals have been moved from 61.5 to 129 spot beam? If so would that beam reach Charlottesville VA?

They were added to 129 on Ciel II.

129 Tp 14 spot. I have not been able to find the coverage map for this spot but I would also be interested to see if it covers Charlottesville, I live on the east side in Fluvanna.

I'm showing Richmond HD locals on 61.5, when did it change to 129? I show spot beam area 5 for these stations. You should be close enough to pick them up.

I'm showing Richmond HD locals on 61.5, when did it change to 129? I show spot beam area 5 for these stations. You should be close enough to pick them up.

That reminds me, wasn't Richmond an Eastern Arc city thus 61.5? Has Ciel II changed it from Eastern/Western Arc to simply what gives the best line of site for certain areas?

That reminds me, wasn't Richmond an Eastern Arc city thus 61.5? Has Ciel II changed it from Eastern/Western Arc to simply what gives the best line of site for certain areas?

Yes it was 61.5 that is why i was wondering why it went to 129 spot.

Not to burst anyones bubble, especially mine and bsakoff, but according to the list, Richmond locals will be on spot 40 not 39.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB40.jpg

Here is the subscription list for 129:

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

Now I know green is good but if I am just outside of it but still within the yellow band, what does that mean?

Roanoke will be on Sp 39 in HD eventually so that is another option for us.

Looks like I'm in the yellow also. I guess I will have to check my signal strength for SP 40 when I get home. Roanoke will be stronger for sure, but who knows when that will go in effect...:mad:

I'm on the road for work. Will check my signal tomorrow when I get home. Hope I am in range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts