hbo starz free w/ no 24 month commitment

I just called and did this. At first, she said I needed a 24-month commitment. I balked saying I'm looking at the Dish Network website right now and it doesn't say anything about needing to sign a contract if I'm an existing customer. She finally gave it to me.

He also said he would set my account to downgrade automatically when the 3 months are up:D:D

She offered to this to me too. I told her that's okay, that I would just write it down on my calendar and take the channels off myself in 3 months. :)

Yea, I read and read the thread on this and finally took advantage of the offer myself. Added it to my TurboHD Silver package for the 3 months...now it'll seem more like I'm getting my moneys worth since the price hike. Was a breeze online. Also told them to put it on auto cancel. He did so and said it would auto cancel on 5/19/09. Actually was a very pleasant experience. :)

I have DishHD Absolute and was told via chat that I could get it for one month free, because I am such a wonderful customer (their words not mine). The CSR told me he mentioned DishHD Absolute as qualifying program by mistake.

Oh well...

ok so i added this yesterday online. when should i call to cancel? may 17? on the recent activity thing online it already says they credited 1 of 3 and 2 of 3. i'm confused.

I have DishHD Absolute and was told via chat that I could get it for one month free, because I am such a wonderful customer (their words not mine). The CSR told me he mentioned DishHD Absolute as qualifying program by mistake.

Oh well...

I was able to get two months out of the deal...good enough.

Oh well...

Same here.

The first CSR said I qualified and would have the HBO/Starz channels in about 5 minutes. Twenty minutes later I called again and the second CSR said it had not been set up, but she would do so. After a minute or two, she told me that HD Absolute did not qualify.

After I suggested that Dish stop treating their HD Absolute subscribers like chopped liver and that their discrimination was giving me cause to seek another service, I got 1 month free because I, too, was "one of their best customers."

Not very satisfying when all the rest of their customers get 3 months free...

went to dishtv.com, had a hard time with that live chat, was switched to CSR, checked my account, said it was no problem. and i have the max pkgs. so tks sat guys for the heads up.

Went on the website and used the chat and just got the HBO/Starz for 3 months FREE! with no commitment of any kind.

I marked my calendar and he said to call and cancel so that I won't be charged after 3 months are up.

Heck, if they want to give me 3 months for free, it would have been silly not to take them up on the offer.

Channels were on in about 2 minutes. Quick and painless. ENJOY :)

I'm an AT&T bundled customer and it even worked for me. I was shocked as it seems I'm not eligible for most of these promos, i.e., Cinemax for a penny. Basically, I just have to give my email address. Channels were on in less than 5 minutes.

This is from the dish website. I added the bold type.

New, first-time DISH Network customers: Requires participation in Digital Home Advantage with 24-month commitment and minimum qualifying programming, including a minimum of Classic Bronze 100, TurboHD Bronze, DishLATINO Clásico or a select International programming package. You will receive a credit for each of the first 3 months. After 3 months you must call to downgrade or then-current price will apply. Offer expires 5/05/09. Offer subject to change without notice. Restrictions apply - click here for Digital Home Advantage Terms and Conditions.

Existing DISH Network customers: requires qualifying programming package, including a minimum of Classic Bronze 100, TurboHD Bronze, DishLATINO Clásico or a select International programming package. You must either sign up for AutoPay with Paperless Billing or provide a valid email address. You will receive a credit for each of the first 3 months. After 3 months you must call to downgrade or then-current price will apply. Offer expires 5/05/09. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

HBO® is a service mark of Home Box Office, Inc.

Starz® and related channels and service marks are the property of Starz Entertainment, LLC.

I just did this asked them to auto cancel at the end and chat said they couldn't do that. Told them that numerous people on the boards said they could. He left for a couple of minutes and came back and said good news taken care of nothing else to bother with at the end. So they can, but some of them do not know they can, or don't want to.

After getting this a couple of days ago via the chat I thought I'd better check my billing to make sure they didn't mess up & start charging me for Starz and continue to bill me for HBO (I already had it). To my amazement they'd already credited me the full 3 months for HBO--$30!:) I'm in shock!:eek: Thank you Dish!

Ed

So after getting the two months free instead of three I turned on my TV to see that I didn't have any of the Starz channels. I jumped back on chat and got them turned on.

This morning I looked at my account and there was a, roughly, $25 charge for HBO & Starz. After spending time on chat and on the phone the only thing they could tell me was I would see a credit in a month or two for that amount. I told them I thought it was a crazy and very complex way of giving me two free months of programming but whatever.

I didn't notice if this was a deal where they give you credits over the time period of the "free" programming or if something is messed up from them turning on HBO and then turning it off and putting HBO & Starz on together.

Again I say, "Oh well..."

Just wait till these guys call to cancel. I'm sure Dish will have something up there sleeve. Dish will tell you anything to get you to sign a contract. No more contracts for me.

ok so i added this yesterday online. when should i call to cancel? may 17? on the recent activity thing online it already says they credited 1 of 3 and 2 of 3. i'm confused.

Same here, yesterday, the first day of a new billing cycle, I added the HBO/Starz 3Mo Free promo and two credits for -22.00$ each appear today in recent account activity, but only a single billing for 22.70 (.70!?).

I asked about it in a chat, but quickly gave up after the CSR stuck to their script about advance billing.

If I were a conspiracist, it sounds to me like somebody is cookin' the books to be able to count paying customers for that third month when no credit is issued. lol

I got it turned on yesterday and today under my billing I notice that they had charged me for 4 premums ( 250bonus pack,hd gold, Hbo/Starz) I had to call and get the operator to credit me 22.00 on my bill. She assured me that there would be credits on my bill and that it would auto cancel on May 20th. You can bet that I will be checking again every day till I see the proper thing charged/credited. I even got her opertor id , she insisted that I write it down.

I just don't trust them. lol I haven't got the warm fuzzies from dish since they cancelled....that certain programming that will remain nameless...but whose initials are VOOM.

The 3 month deal is this. Between the 61st and 90th day of the promotion you can call and cancel without a charge for changing your programming, wait until the 91st day, and there is a $5 charge to drop the premiums.

I was also told that they would downgrade my programming automatically, didnt happen, had to call in to have them remove it. They did not charge me the $5 downgrade fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)