HBO: The News Room scheduled on ch.465?

Seems like skipping the timer is the way to go. I've fully deleted the timer twice now, and both times it has returned.

I'm sorry guys. I looked through our website before I posted that and there wasn't a mention of this or anything like it. I personally hadn't heard of DISH doing this before. I do apologize that I was wrong.

What I find interesting is that this event is scheduled to record on all three of my Hoppers but it is NOT scheduled to record on my Hopper 2.0

I have a VIP722. The timer for HBO Premier Episode: The Newsroom on ch 465 SPORT is in my recording schedule as well. Fortunately, it is skipped due to priority. I have new episode timers set for Letterman & Kimmel.

The strange thing about the rogue HBO timer on my dvr is that it scheduled for 11:32pm - 12:47am (PDT). When I look up ch 465 on the programming grid, HBO Premier Episode: The Newsroom is scheduled for 11:30pm - 12:30am (PDT).

This isn't even a new episode of The Newsroom. This is the series premiere, which originally aired in June 2012. The new season is still more than 2 months away.

I'm sorry guys. I looked through our website before I posted that and there wasn't a mention of this or anything like it. I personally hadn't heard of DISH doing this before. I do apologize that I was wrong.

We still love you, Jason, but you must be a recent Dish viewer NOT to have had the many forced timer recordings they send :). Although I am an HBO sub, I 'm not against the promo recording, but I want it in HIGH DEFINITION. I aint gonna watch no forced recording in SD. Tell that to Charlie and Clayton, PLEASE! :).

I'm guessing that the forced recordings in SD is to minimize the impact of user hard drive space, since SD takes up 1/4 the space (or less) of an HD recording.

I still have 238 and I have the same timer set. I also sub to HBO.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have it too and am still on S238. I also have the whole first season of the newsroom recorded on my Hopper. +

I have a 622. Using my handy-dandy Dish App on my phone, I just checked my receiver and it has the same event scheduled to record on channel 465 this morning. What ticks me off isn't that it is in SD. My problem is that this content is being pushed on me without my permission. The 5 minute promos are bad enough! It should ASK you if you want it first.

Seems like skipping the timer is the way to go. I've fully deleted the timer twice now, and both times it has returned.

Yes. Doesn't matter, Hopper or ViP receiver, the only way to make sure it doesn't fire off is to skip the event. Deleted timers will show up again.

What I find interesting is that this event is scheduled to record on all three of my Hoppers but it is NOT scheduled to record on my Hopper 2.0

Both of my Hopper 2000s and both Hoppers w/Sling were scheduled for this event. Very odd that your Hopper w/Sling didn't.

It caused a late reboot of my Hoppers. Wife went to watch the living room Hopper at 5am and all she saw was a prurple screen, was Barney on the loose? She just switched to watching a dvd.

Yes. Doesn't matter, Hopper or ViP receiver, the only way to make sure it doesn't fire off is to skip the event. Deleted timers will show up again.

Both of my Hopper 2000s and both Hoppers w/Sling were scheduled for this event. Very odd that your Hopper w/Sling didn't.
Yup, very odd as there were no timers scheduled for that time.

Yes, spam. Unwanted and unsolicited delivery of content. Email isn't the only way to receive spam these days.

It recorded last night on my 722k, but not on my 211K w/EHD. 1 hour 14 minutes. I promptly deleted it, since I do not intend on subscribing to HBO, even at half price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts