HBO's Westworld

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Finished up Season 4 a couple nights ago. While I did enjoy the show I must admit to not understanding what was going on part of the time.

No announcement of another season yet although if there is one it looks like it will be a return to West World.

I took the final episode to be exactly that, the Series Finale. I’m not exactly sure what would come next with the Hosts trapped inside the Sublime.

And it's done. Westworld Cancelled After 4 Seasons

Kind of expected it after the Discovery merger. I do think the first season was awesome and kinda went slowly downhill from there.
Declining , yes, still better then what they will be putting on HBOMAX in the Spring Time-

We got rid of Westworld which costs $10 million a episode to produce, but we will soon have 98 Seasons of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives instead, which costs $1.32 a episode to produce.

Last edited:
And it's done. Westworld Cancelled After 4 Seasons

Kind of expected it after the Discovery merger. I do think the first season was awesome and kinda went slowly downhill from there.
Agreed. The first season was amazing and even somewhat believable in a not-to-distant future. Season 2 wasn't terrible but 3 and 4 were just too far-fetched and by the end, I had no idea what was happening anymore. It seemed like all humanity was dead, I guess??

I read yesterday that HBO with Discovery Warner Brothers being their owner, has cancelled West World. Too expensive to make since they have a $300 million to try to recoup from the buyout. By cancelling just about all the CW superhero shows we watched. Not to mention trashing the Batgirl movie right out of the box, when they first took over.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I read yesterday that HBO with Discovery Warner Brothers being their owner, has cancelled West World. Too expensive to make since they have a $300 million to try to recoup from the buyout. By cancelling just about all the CW superhero shows we watched. Not to mention trashing the Batgirl movie right out of the box, when they first took over.
Yet the cast is still getting paid for season 5!

• Wow
Reactions: MikeD-C05
They are cutting $3.5 Billion this year, not $300 Million.

During Warner Bros. Discovery’s third-quarter earnings call Thursday, which came after the release of rough financial results for the media conglom and mediocre subscriber growth, Zaslav said the company is now increasing that target to $3.5 billion.

That is why they are canceling so much from HBO, before, the merger was going to be HBO with Discovery+ content, now it looks to be Discovery+ with some HBO content, with a price increase.

Main reason is the Discovery+ content is cheap to produce and largely already paid for since it airs on Cable Channels first, so Traditional Providers and subscribers are already paying for it with per sub fees, then Warner/Discovery can make more from it by putting it on their streaming service.

Saw a graphic somewhere yesterday showing the declining viewership of Westworld over the last couple seasons. The reason for cancellation is pretty obvious.

I read today that HBO cancelled West World because they spent $ 100 million on the series last year and no one was watching it, since they couldn't understand what the hell was going on. :imconfused

They are cutting $3.5 Billion this year, not $300 Million.

During Warner Bros. Discovery’s third-quarter earnings call Thursday, which came after the release of rough financial results for the media conglom and mediocre subscriber growth, Zaslav said the company is now increasing that target to $3.5 billion.

That is why they are canceling so much from HBO, before, the merger was going to be HBO with Discovery+ content, now it looks to be Discovery+ with some HBO content, with a price increase.

Main reason is the Discovery+ content is cheap to produce and largely already paid for since it airs on Cable Channels first, so Traditional Providers and subscribers are already paying for it with per sub fees, then Warner/Discovery can make more from it by putting it on their streaming service.
Ok, I was going on memory. My bad. Still they won't get to $3.5 billion with just cuts of shows and movies.

I read today that HBO cancelled West World because they spent $ 100 million on the series last year and no one was watching it, since they couldn't understand what the hell was going on. :imconfused
No one was watching it because HBO went behind the most expensive paywall in television history. It costs more to subscribe to the HBO content than anything and once you watch it, it's repeating. If you compare HBO to ShowTime, Epix, etc. you'll see that it's an order of magnitude more expensive now that Disney is also involved, it should cost more than the original Dish pricing ever was. HBO was the first thing I dumped once they went PayWall. All I do it wait until they give their free 4 day preview and binge record all the WestWorld, Sopranos and the other 2-3 shows I like and can save them on my EHD's.

If you actually make a list of original content that you would watch if it was every week compared to the constantly repeating list of very old movies, it's soooo not worth it.

It’s true though. At the end, explain to me how A replica of the man in black was being held hostage by a replica of the man in black. And they both had to of been hosts because I think it was so far in the future there’s no way he could’ve still been alive except I’m not sure what year it was throughout the entire final season because it went from the first season which was the modern era to God only knows when without losing any cast members

Reactions: bookworm370
It’s true though. At the end, explain to me how A replica of the man in black was being held hostage by a replica of the man in black. And they both had to of been hosts because I think it was so far in the future there’s no way he could’ve still been alive except I’m not sure what year it was throughout the entire final season because it went from the first season which was the modern era to God only knows when without losing any cast members
I took it to mean that the original human man in black was being held by the robot version. As for the year they were in varied each episode. Sometimes in the past ,sometimes in the future and sometimes in a matrix for the hosts to go to when they wanted out of this world. It was very confusing. Reminds me a bit of Lost. That show was aptly named though. Because I was LOST through out the entire series. :rolleyes:

I took it to mean that the original human man in black was being held by the robot version. As for the year they were in varied each episode. Sometimes in the past ,sometimes in the future and sometimes in a matrix for the hosts to go to when they wanted out of this world. It was very confusing. Reminds me a bit of Lost. That show was aptly named though. Because I was LOST through out the entire series. :rolleyes:
I have that problem with Lost so much until the end, which still doesn’t make complete sense to me lol

At least with Lost, you could identify with the characters. You could imagine being in that situation. To me that’s entertaining when you see some thing that your mind allows you to be part of. There was nothing about Westworld that ever seemed like it could really happen. At least after the first season, it was that way.

No one was watching it because HBO went behind the most expensive paywall in television history. It costs more to subscribe to the HBO content than anything and once you watch it, it's repeating.
Apparently you're largely unfamiliar with Netflix which suffers similar costs and compelling content shortages.