HBU33 Directional?

PotRoastMan

Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
MN
I live in Minneapolis area, and have my HBU33 pointed toward the main antennas. There is another channel ION which is located almost 180 degrees in the opposite direction, I have some troubles with it breaking up during the summer time (came in fine all winter).

Would it work for me to point the HBU33 in the opposite direction to tune in ION better? Or would that impact all of the other stations? How "directional" is the HBU33?
If not, what should I do?

thanks.

Being in the TC myself (I remember helping you last year when you were getting set up) ;) Ion is a pain to get. It has to do with trees and more so the budding of them.

The issue is Ion tower is in Big Lake (but they have a permit to move to the antenna farm in Shoreview....they just havent done it yet). Looking at your tvfool it is pretty much 180 degrees off but it should bring it in but at lower signal. You can spin the antenna around 180 degrees but then the Mpls ones might get hindered. The full power ones should be OK (2,4,5,9,11,23,29,45) but the low powered stations wont.
I had a big antenna that I aimed at Mankato (when I had my house) for KEYC 12 and it picked up 9 & 11 just fine but lower signal in the SW burbs.

This should work if turning your existing antenna around and ION becomes dependable, but lose to much from the original direction.
Here's what worked for me.
Two identical** directional antennas.
Two coax jumpers the exact same length.
One 2 way splitter.
Mount antennas with one aimed N, the other S. (or whatever your directions are)
Jumpers from each splitter OUT fitting to antennas(Transformer)
Splitter IN fitting to TV or amplifier input(if used)
** Don't really think that the antennas need to be identical. It's just what I used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)