HD Absolute subsribers only. Did you get a call yet and are planning on moving?

HD Absolute subscribers only. Did you get a call yet and are planning on moving?

• YES, I got a call.

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • NO, I didn't get a call.

Votes: 62 70.5%
  • I won't do anything until it goes dark.

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters

getstuff4less

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
CA
Hello,

I think the other thread is really full of crap from NON Absolute subs. I also think the title may scare some off subscribers. Scott just confirmed the call came from Dish. I don't seem to have read confirmation that he said they are discontinuing the package.

If they said there is no set date, then that could be years from now for all we know. Personally, I think Dishnetwork is trying to get subs to move off that package, then there will be remorse later similar to the Turbo HD debacle.

The 3rd poll option means:
Not until they: "Pry it from my cold, dead hands"

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm on the fence as to what I'm gonna do. No call yet, and am leaning toward letting them pry it from my fingers.

If I wait it out, and miss out on any teasers, I'd still be on the fence, because the one sticky that E* has on me is my external hard drive, which would be hard to walk away from. Soooo...we shall see.

I echo dahenny's thoughts. Not sure if I will even answer the call @ this point. Platinum is probably going to be the deal breaker for me as I do not want to lose it, but do not want to pay $10 a month for it either. I also have a 1 tb ehd that is full. I would not want to lose it either, but am prepared to if necessary. Nothing that cannot be replaced.

I say No News is Good News :D

I always thought it was odd that every so often an Absolute thread would appear, there is not that many of us. I would guess at least half of those who started with it gave it up when the 1st wave of new hd channels became available after they closed Absolute off.

As I said on DBS there is a lot of envy coming through some of the comments about Absolute from those that don't have or no longer have it.

I don't think its going anywhere at least as it was portrayed last week.

I also think its silly to "OFFER WHAT YOU"RE WILLING TO PAY" when at this point there is no point.

I have Absolute HD and I didn't get the call yet. As for what to do, I am still undecided.
If I am convinced that Absolute goes away soon, I will probably accept the offer, as long as it doesn't require a new contract. I am not sure which plan level to take, but Platinum is a must have for me. After accepting the offer I may still decide to leave Dish and check out some other options, either now or after the promo expires. However, I would hate losing my DVR recordings.

One option that I am seriously considering is pausing my Dish account for a few months and trying out something else, e.g. U-verse. Not that I am mad at Dish Network for dropping Absolute (I knew this was coming sooner or later), but simply because they are now giving me a good excuse to do that.

No call yet for me either. I' am away from home during the day though and do not have caller id so they might have tried. I think it's odd that only a small handful of people have reported getting calls when there seems to be a lot of Absolute subscribers on this and the other forum. You would think that by now many more would have reported getting calls.

If they force me to switch plans I will negotiate an interim offer. After that it will be time to check out the competition.

I have had Absolute since the beginning and have expected the great deal to come to an end sometime. I have enjoyed EPIX, but I can substitute it with Netflix so I can live with Dish America (first choice) or AT 120 with free HD for life.

My wife loves the Dish DVR and I don't have the time to watch all the sports I used to. I only follow two teams now and can watch all of their games via ESPN GamePlan and the sports pack (which I couldn't get with Absolute), so I won't mind the change much as long as I get the credits that have been mentioned.

When the credits end in a year, I'll see how the U-Verse DVR is then. We have U-Verse Internet service and I had their TV service for a month last year to compare it with Dish and the Dish DVR was so much better I couldn't switch. Fios is 20 miles away and possibly coming here soon so as long as I'm contract-free in a year when the credits run out I don't mind losing Absolute.

It's not boring for those who want an answer. I should note if you answer "NO call" it means you are considering changing. The last option is if you aren't considering any option until it goes dark.

No Idea

I haven't had the offer & have to stay for at least 6 more months. So unless you get the call and hear the offer how do you know what you are doing. We have very little info so far on the offers. Once we find out more on the offers then we will be more likely to know what we will do. Also we still have no date certain as to when we will be shut off.

If I had it, I would ignore their calls and simply wait until the price of it went up, or it went dark. Never agree to anything, don't even take the call. You do that, you're instantly screwed.

You play right into their hands by attempting to change packages before it goes dark.

No call, but I did get swapped out last week when I activated a replacement receiver. The executive team got me switched back and I got a confirmation email saying I am on HD Absolute. However, my online 'Basic Programming' field is blank and my current bill has not been adjusted.

2 are empty on mine

No call, but I did get swapped out last week when I activated a replacement receiver. The executive team got me switched back and I got a confirmation email saying I am on HD Absolute. However, my online 'Basic Programming' field is blank and my current bill has not been adjusted.

Bothe the programming field and my comments are blank on mine. I called chatted a while back and know that I'm under contract until Feb. They still show me as having 4 premiums but Max was dropped on the 9th at the end of Max for a penny promo.

Sorry for the duplication but thought that this post should also go here;

I received a call from DISH the other day, but I was not home-thankfully.;)
In comparing the packages, I may just have to go with the HD Dish America package. Ya I loose alot, but I will still keep the HD channels and PI's-yes I do watch some of them!
At least it's the same price as the Absolute package and I don;t have to worry down the road about thier price increases after their "special offers":rolleyes:

In my Basic programing field is also blank I have not talked to dish since April when I got my 922. It used to say Absolute not nothing why?

Maybe, since we don't exist anymore, we can just stay in limbo and avoid everything. Like rate and fee increases.

My account still says HD absolute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts