HD Absolute subsribers only. Did you get a call yet and are planning on moving?

HD Absolute subscribers only. Did you get a call yet and are planning on moving?

• YES, I got a call.

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • NO, I didn't get a call.

Votes: 62 70.5%
  • I won't do anything until it goes dark.

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
I have Absolute HD and I didn't get the call yet. As for what to do, I am still undecided.
If I am convinced that Absolute goes away soon, I will probably accept the offer, as long as it doesn't require a new contract. I am not sure which plan level to take, but Platinum is a must have for me. After accepting the offer I may still decide to leave Dish and check out some other options, either now or after the promo expires. However, I would hate losing my DVR recordings.

One option that I am seriously considering is pausing my Dish account for a few months and trying out something else, e.g. U-verse. Not that I am mad at Dish Network for dropping Absolute (I knew this was coming sooner or later), but simply because they are now giving me a good excuse to do that.
If you pause account Absolute is gone!!!

Yes, I realize that. But as long as I have Absolute there is no need to put anything on hold. ;)

I was just thinking that this survey doesn't allow for someone saying that they didn't get a call then once they get a call, moving their vote. Not that you can set one up that way.

I was just thinking that this survey doesn't allow for someone saying that they didn't get a call then once they get a call, moving their vote. Not that you can set one up that way.

Are you saying you got a call?

So, what did you do? Anything?

I told that I'd have to think about it and got the phone number to call when I decide. After reading this forum, it seems that it might be possible that they'll back off as there doesn't seem to be that many people called.

If I am forced to drop absolute, I'll probably stay with them till the discounts expire that re evaluate my options. That could be a year off and other options that are unknown at present could surface.

No call, but I'm leaning toward AT200 with Platinum until perks run out then I'll re-evaluate.

Maybe, since we don't exist anymore, we can just stay in limbo and avoid everything. Like rate and fee increases.

My account still says HD absolute.

:up

That's one reason why I rather keep it.

KAB: Either way, I think this thread is helpful. We can now see the majority of people didn't get a call. I would rather pay $10 to Netflix vs. the $10 for Platinum and one will get a LOT more.

Anyone know if there is a Hulu + box for those who don't have a Vizo LCD ?

Hulu + & Netflix is a decent option...at least if you are looking for a cheap option.

getstuff4less said:
:up

That's one reason why I rather keep it.

KAB: Either way, I think this thread is helpful. We can now see the majority of people didn't get a call. I would rather pay $10 to Netflix vs. the $10 for Platinum and one will get a LOT more.

Anyone know if there is a Hulu + box for those who don't have a Vizo LCD ?

Hulu + & Netflix is a decent option...at least if you are looking for a cheap option.

Also keep in mind, you will get the Epix movies on Netflix soon as well. I have Netflix and Top 120. It is a great combo.

I selected "No, I didn't get a call" because I don't really know whether Dish will offer any 'deals' on the Dish America HD packages. But if they don't, I'll probably just wait for HD Absolute to "go dark" and drop down to the cheapest Dish package with HD that I can get at that time or Locals Only + Netflix or switch to DirecTV.

FWIW I'll stick with Dish only as long as they can keep my cost/mo. for HD, significantly below a comparable DirecTV package. Because DirecTV is already providing PBS in HD in my DMA, while Dish is wasting my subscription money suing the FCC to avoid having to provide me with an HD channel I'd really like :(

Talon Dancer

Last edited:
The deal they are offering is $15/mo. off any package plus Platinum for 6 months free.

After that it's "Katie bar the door!"

I have not got the call, My account says HD Absolute. After October 3, the end of Indycar season on Versus, changing to package that can get Big Ten network, is looking pretty good.

The deal they are offering is $15/mo. off any package plus Platinum for 6 months free.....
Are you sure that Dish is offering "$15/mo. off any package" including the Dish America HD packages? For example, Dish America (bronze) that only costs $29.99/mo. without any deal.

FWIW the only deals I've read about are for $15 off of the Americas Top xxx SD packages w/ HD addons for 12 months and Platinum free for 6 months. But I would be happy to be wrong :)

Talon Dancer

Has anyone called in and asked about Absolute HD being discontinued? Did the regular CSR know what you were talking about? Did they transfer you to the special dept. that is handling the change over? I just don’t want to get screwed over with a worse deal down the road if I don’t get the call.

regret it

Has anyone called in and asked about Absolute HD being discontinued? Did the regular CSR know what you were talking about? Did they transfer you to the special dept. that is handling the change over? I just don’t want to get screwed over with a worse deal down the road if I don’t get the call.

I have a feeling that anyone that calls will get transferred and have to change. So I plan on waiting until they call me. Have feeling this is gonna take some time before they get this up & running seriously. Until they strat big call volume or start loosing channels why tempt fate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts