HD Absolute subsribers only. Did you get a call yet and are planning on moving?

HD Absolute subscribers only. Did you get a call yet and are planning on moving?

• YES, I got a call.

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • NO, I didn't get a call.

Votes: 62 70.5%
  • I won't do anything until it goes dark.

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
Those six people that said they got a call. Tell us what Dish said. Did you ask when the cutoff date was. If, not, would the next person to get a call ask that question. Do they require you to make a decision while on the phone or can you think it over and call back later.

Out of six people, one of you must have ask them something. Or did anyone really get a call.

OK, I only visited this site because I got the call and wanted to see what was going on. So for the conspiracy theorist, it is real.

They said that it was happening and recommended of course for me to do the 200 package. Gave a special # to call when I made my decision, so they do let you think about it. Of course, I didn't think to ask for a deadline, so can't help there.

They really only mentioned the 200 package, and since I haven't looked into programming options I had no idea what was out there. You can't sign up for the Dish America packages as a new subscriber through Dish's site, but I see it available on other sites and as an option for me in my account. Thinking about going with Silver if I have to change. It has pretty much everything we watch except for Disney and maybe a couple others...

Can someone tell me if the Dish America and/or Dish America Silver get Nickelodeon and/or Fox News?

There seems to be conflicting info from different retailers sites. On the one chart I got off the other thread, it shows neither of them on the America packages, only on the Top 120/200 type packages.

Those six people that said they got a call. Tell us what Dish said. Did you ask when the cutoff date was. If, not, would the next person to get a call ask that question. Do they require you to make a decision while on the phone or can you think it over and call back later.

Out of six people, one of you must have ask them something. Or did anyone really get a call.

I did ask and she said no date has been set.

we talked about two offers:
AT120 Plus: 130+ channels. $29.99/month for 12 months.
AT200: 200+ channels. $39.99/month for 12 months.

Platitium free for six months
Free HD for life

I said I would think about it and said I was happy with what I had and did not want to change and she responded that management wanted to know what I thought and that she would put it in her report.

she gave me a number to call back and said she was in Colorado.

OK, I only visited this site because I got the call and wanted to see what was going on. So for the conspiracy theorist, it is real.

They said that it was happening and recommended of course for me to do the 200 package. Gave a special # to call when I made my decision, so they do let you think about it. Of course, I didn't think to ask for a deadline, so can't help there.

They really only mentioned the 200 package, and since I haven't looked into programming options I had no idea what was out there. You can't sign up for the Dish America packages as a new subscriber through Dish's site, but I see it available on other sites and as an option for me in my account. Thinking about going with Silver if I have to change. It has pretty much everything we watch except for Disney and maybe a couple others...

Can someone tell me if the Dish America and/or Dish America Silver get Nickelodeon and/or Fox News?

There seems to be conflicting info from different retailers sites. On the one chart I got off the other thread, it shows neither of them on the America packages, only on the Top 120/200 type packages.

In the "America Top 200 Pack you do get both Nickelodeon & Fox News. I have this package along with the Platinum Pack and enjoy it very much.

Ghpr13:)

Last edited:

The best source of HD channel info is in the pdf document in the very first post (by Scott) in the sticky thread titled DISH HD information. It includes a table clearly showing which HD channels are included with the Americas Top xxx packages that are NOT in the Dish America 'metal' packages.

Talon Dancer

Last edited:

Free HD for life

I said I would think about it and said I was happy with what I had and did not want to change and she responded that management wanted to know what I thought and that she would put it in her report.

I wonder if they hear enough of this, they will just let us few dinosaurs stay the course......

The best source of HD channel info is in the pdf document in the very first post (by Scott) in the sticky thread titled DISH HD information. It includes a table clearly showing which HD channels are included with the Americas Top xxx packages that are NOT in the Dish America 'metal' packages.

Talon Dancer

That's the PDF I was referring to, but it's dated June something, it shows Neither Fox News nor Nick HD as part of the Dish America packages, however on vendors websites (who seem to be more updated, like having Disney removed) it says that Nick and Fox News ARE in the Dish America packages. Does anyone have a Dish America package and can tell me if they are or are not currently included?

That's the PDF I was referring to, but it's dated June something, it shows Neither Fox News nor Nick HD as part of the Dish America packages, however on vendors websites (who seem to be more updated, like having Disney removed) it says that Nick and Fox News ARE in the Dish America packages. Does anyone have a Dish America package and can tell me if they are or are not currently included?

They are NOT part of DA packages. They(as well as a few others) were left out when the packages used to be Turbo. The vendor sites are incorrect, and trying to sell you Dish.

I wonder if they hear enough of this, they will just let us few dinosaurs stay the course......
Dang, you caught the exact same part as me. Rather interesting... Now people know what to do if they get called !! Object, object, object.

Free HD for life

Did these offers involve a 2 year contract extension?

Don't loose sight that at month 13, if you select AT200, you'll be paying over 2 and a half times what you use to with absolute.

Be sure to check with your cable company for bundled solutions. That's the weakness of these satellite companies is that they can't cost effectively offer tv & internet.

They are NOT part of DA packages. They(as well as a few others) were left out when the packages used to be Turbo. The vendor sites are incorrect, and trying to sell you Dish.

jsteevy,
Sorry if I gave out the wrong info when I posted that both those channels were in DA200, I guess I was confused because they're in my 200HD package.
Didn't mean to steer you wrong.

Ghpr13:(

I started the other thread about the absolute. I got my call the day before I left on vacation so wasn't going to make a decision until I got a chance to check out what changes I would be looking at. I had pretty well made up my mind to go with the AT200 package which would give me all I have now that I care about except VS. But, It would give me RSN's which I have always wanted and some new channels that I have had before and would like again, so it wouldn't be a bad trade-off. I also checked out D* and ConCast and neither would be close to Dish's offer.

So, I call the number they gave me for taking care of this and get some guy in India that wasn't even attempting to speak English. Finally got his supervisor who also had no clue. Then, a little while ago I called the corporate office and got the executive resolution department. Now I am told that the offer is valid and that it is showing on my account information. However, she also said that there is no information that the package is being discontinued and the ones that told me that were "misinformed" (corporate speak for lying). So, If you have it and don't want to change, sit tight (which most of you were doing anyway).

I also asked why some people received a call and some hadn't. She said that it was based on account information relating to payment, billing, etc. and some would not get the offer.

At this point, it's almost impossible to tell just what the facts are. I am going to go ahead and make the change since the RSN's are more important to me than the Platinum and I do want Fox News back. BBC, AMC, FX, G4 are all also good adds and have some kids channels back for the grandkids. I'll worry about the increase in 12 months.

I started the other thread about the absolute. I got my call the day before I left on vacation so wasn't going to make a decision until I got a chance to check out what changes I would be looking at. I had pretty well made up my mind to go with the AT200 package which would give me all I have now that I care about except VS. But, It would give me RSN's which I have always wanted and some new channels that I have had before and would like again, so it wouldn't be a bad trade-off. I also checked out D* and ConCast and neither would be close to Dish's offer.

So, I call the number they gave me for taking care of this and get some guy in India that wasn't even attempting to speak English. Finally got his supervisor who also had no clue. Then, a little while ago I called the corporate office and got the executive resolution department. Now I am told that the offer is valid and that it is showing on my account information. However, she also said that there is no information that the package is being discontinued and the ones that told me that were "misinformed" (corporate speak for lying). So, If you have it and don't want to change, sit tight (which most of you were doing anyway).

I also asked why some people received a call and some hadn't. She said that it was based on account information relating to payment, billing, etc. and some would not get the offer.

At this point, it's almost impossible to tell just what the facts are. I am going to go ahead and make the change since the RSN's are more important to me than the Platinum and I do want Fox News back. BBC, AMC, FX, G4 are all also good adds and have some kids channels back for the grandkids. I'll worry about the increase in 12 months.

So you started a bunch of DRAMA for what?

jsteevy,
Sorry if I gave out the wrong info when I posted that both those channels were in DA200, I guess I was confused because they're in my 200HD package.
Didn't mean to steer you wrong.

Ghpr13:(

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate the help. Looks like I will try to skate with Absolute for the time being and hope lsilvest's latest csr is on track.

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate the help. Looks like I will try to skate with Absolute for the time being and hope lsilvest's latest csr is on track.

I won't vouch for anything at this point. They did make the change for me - have all my new channels. Will be nice to have Fox Sports for the football season. Get to watch some games from the West that ESPN's eastern bias doesn't cover.

Could you share the phone # for the dish executive resolution center?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts